Cat delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know someone with tuning equipment
Remember, this has ZERO to do with local laws. To remove CATS is a FEDERAL offense, and the EPA is taking it VERY serious now. Again, no tuner worth their salt will tune an onroad vehicle for no Cats. It just isn't worth the possible fines, and has almost zero performance gain over a quality aftermarket downpipe with aftermarket cats.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember, this has ZERO to do with local laws. To remove CATS is a FEDERAL offense, and the EPA is taking it VERY serious now. Again, no tuner worth their salt will tune an onroad vehicle for no Cats. It just isn't worth the possible fines, and has almost zero performance gain over a quality aftermarket downpipe with aftermarket cats.
Again, begs the question why these cat thefts are so "victim-less" and considered not that important. they should be felonies and treated as such. Guaranteed if I removed mine on my own, and got caught I'd get in trouble.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Again, begs the question why these cat thefts are so "victim-less" and considered not that important. they should be felonies and treated as such. Guaranteed if I removed mine on my own, and got caught I'd get in trouble.
I know our local police take it pretty serious. Sorry your don't!

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
How many catylitic converters are on the 3.5EB engine? I have the impression there are four (4) and doubt they'd all be bad. One (1) of mine is and is waiting a replacement under warranty.

Just putting test pipes (wink, nudge) in the exhaust won't cure any latent engine issues anyway. My '17 needs a cat but Ford says they're on back order. I looked briefly at a aftermarket system and there was a warning that the cats would be destroyed quickly after installation if there were existing engine problems. I was just curious as my system is still under the Federal warranty and I have no driveability issues just the annoying light on the dashboard which I turned off knowing the problem is still there.

-- Chuck

OP
OP
blue_roster_cult

blue_roster_cult

Reaction score
How many catylitic converters are on the 3.5EB engine? I have the impression there are four (4) and doubt they'd all be bad. One (1) of mine is and is waiting a replacement under warranty.

Just putting test pipes (wink, nudge) in the exhaust won't cure any latent engine issues anyway. My '17 needs a cat but Ford says they're on back order. I looked briefly at a aftermarket system and there was a warning that the cats would be destroyed quickly after installation if there were existing engine problems. I was just curious as my system is still under the Federal warranty and I have no driveability issues just the annoying light on the dashboard which I turned off knowing the problem is still there.

-- Chuck
There are two. And they’re probably not bad (I.e. they’re probably doing fine in terms of reducing emissions.) I am coming to the conclusion that Ford has developed an overly sensitive emissions system—from what I have read and now personally observed.