Catalytic Converter on 05 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBandit

Reaction score
Anyone replaced their catalytic converter? My engine light is on a dealership said it's due to the right (bank 2) converter is giving the message.

It's going to be an expensive part, $350+.

Since the light just came on.....not sure if I should change it now or let it ride awhile. I'm going to Canada on a fishing trip, pulling my boat in less than 3 weeks. About an 1400 mile round trip.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford quoted me 500+, i got mine done at a muffler shop for $170 (parts and labor) with the obd2 stuff on it, no name brand or nothing. Had this done in 08 havent had a problem since. Another question how many miles do you have the dealer also said they warranty the cats to 80k i found this out at 81k i was pissed!!

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup then i think that would be your best bet, make sure you take your girl/wife because there going to talk to you about hp gains, performance, mpg increase and stuff that makes guys drool and say hmmmm....(daydream) they will bring you back to reality and say just get the cheaper one

OP
OP
T

TheBandit

Reaction score
If I took my wife, she'd just want them to cut it off and replace it with a straight pipe. lol She doesn't see the point in having a converter.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
get 2 magnaflow high flow cats and remove the other two, it costed me roughly around $250 installed including parts and labor, using 2 magnaflow 94306 cats

OP
OP
T

TheBandit

Reaction score
get 2 magnaflow high flow cats and remove the other two, it costed me roughly around $250 installed including parts and labor, using 2 magnaflow 94306 cats

Where did you get the 2 magnaflows (94306)? I see autozone.com has a "universal" magnaflow converter for 91.99 (99055HM). Only a 3 month warranty though.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
T

TheBandit

Reaction score
I will be the first to admit I'm ignorant about this but.....what is the advantage/disadvantage between the 2? And, they can replace both the left and right converters with the identical 94306's?