Catalytic Converter replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't ask the brand, but you can call Oreillys in your area, they can give you the details. Or just go online, I'm sure it's on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just went online at Oreillys website. Their brand is magnaflow. The $525.00 one has the complete pipe and flanges with it, it's a bolt on fit. They have basic universals starting at $ 143.00 each, but you would have to cut and weld new one in. Site says 5 year warranty. If your doing it at home, the direct fit is the best choice, unless you've got a welder.

RongWay

Reaction score
Just went online at Oreillys website. Their brand is magnaflow. The $525.00 one has the complete pipe and flanges with it, it's a bolt on fit. They have basic universals starting at $ 143.00 each, but you would have to cut and weld new one in. Site says 5 year warranty. If your doing it at home, the direct fit is the best choice, unless you've got a welder.

Thanks for the info. The only one listed in my area is a MagnaFlow (Part #545498) for $1,023 with the pipes and flanges. If you get a second and can look on the web again, can you tell me if that's the same part number, or if the one you are looking at is different? Sorry to be a pain, just trying to find the one you are mentioning as I am ready to buy it right now.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No it's 447115 and 447116. Their was also a more expensive 2, but that was the lower priced 2 that were California bolt on. Go on the Oreillys website. I keyed in year 2000 5.4, if yours is first gen, that should be close. What year and engine is yours?

RongWay

Reaction score
Mine's a 2008 with the 5.4 V8. At this rate, I think I can get the Ford OEM part for $100 more than the MagnaFlow aftermarkets. I'll keep looking.

Thanks for all your help and willingness to help!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was going by your post in the 1 st edition expedition section this is Why you should always post Year, engine size, that way we all can save time, trouble helping. I thought they were $4,000 through the dealer. 2008 is a big jump in price. At $1200 apiece through aftermarket stores I'd pay the difference and go with dealer. By the way dealerships will usually give a discount if you ask. Tell the counter guy you work at an aftermarket shop or parts place. They never check. Why pay full retail when you don't have to.

RongWay

Reaction score
Sorry, thought I had added the year, but apparently not. My original post was just looking for a good manufacturer, but morphed into something more model specific.

Thanks again for you help

RongWay

Reaction score
Also, the $1,200 is the discounted price...the list is $1,700, but I never pay list if I can help it :)

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, that's insane. It's like the crazy prices of motorcycle parts. This is the reason why people junk their vehicles. It's just not worth it to pay the price of the vehicle for a few replacement parts!

RongWay

Reaction score
Ford prices are insane...that price is for the short driver side. The passenger side is $2,300.

Last edited: