changes after service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, after having my 2018 in to have the water pump changed (31k miles), the following items are now different/added:

the backup warning tone is completely different and sounds 'cheap'.

i now get a 'system is shutting down' message on my screen when opening the doors after unlocking.

the audio defaults to AM when starting up, even though i was never listening to AM. Its always on Sirius when turning off.

Odd, to say the least.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like a software update, likely to multiple modules, but yeah that's annoying.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, after having my 2018 in to have the water pump changed (31k miles), the following items are now different/added:

the backup warning tone is completely different and sounds 'cheap'.

i now get a 'system is shutting down' message on my screen when opening the doors after unlocking.

the audio defaults to AM when starting up, even though i was never listening to AM. Its always on Sirius when turning off.

Odd, to say the least.

The dealership left your doors open too long/often and ran your battery down. The first two items you’re experiencing are due to a low battery (the tone is different and cheap because it’s routing it through a single speaker near the dash not the full sound system as usual, and the system is shutting down right after you open the door because it’s shutting everything off quicker than usual to conserve what battery it has).

Mine has been doing both recently as I’ve had doors/liftgate open for very extended periods of time as we’ve been moving.

I’m not sure about the AM thing, but I’m guessing it’s related as well. Maybe the system is resetting when it shuts off because it has so little juice?

I’d see if the dealer will test/replace your battery for you. Or just buy a trickle charger and top it off one night. You should be ship shape.

Good luck.