Cheap fiber skid plate hanging down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

Reaction score
Not happy that I find two fiber skid plates (or call them splash guards?) under my new 2020 Expedition. Can’t find a metal replacement for them. Anyone find them?

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, many F150s driving around you will see the same thing. Ford hasn't issued any sort of recall or anything but all the dealers know it's common.

I had the dealer replace the unit on some of my past trucks. Not sure what aftermarket option there is, sure someone will chime in.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Skid plates are the alternative. There is a thread here that goes into great detail about what fits.

I have the Raptor skid plate that covers tyranny area, and the fx4 expedition plates in the front.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not happy that I find two fiber skid plates (or call them splash guards?) under my new 2020 Expedition. Can’t find a metal replacement for them. Anyone find them?

FX4 trim might have a direct replacement. Otherwise, a machine shop could probably fab one if you give them the original.

OP
OP
Kahuna

Kahuna

Reaction score
Thnaks all - I've read through that long thread and still uncertain what's the best replacement for my 2020 (short frame) Expedition. I have tools to do the installation so I'm not too concerned about the install (air tools, etc) but want the best solution. RCI appears to be a difficult fit for my vehicle. I'll call them on Monday and chat them up.

The FX4 parts seem like a like for like fit but not robust. I'll go down to the dealer and interview them. TheDoug - your solution seems the easiest. I assume you have a 2019 Expedition? Do you have the Raptor part number info?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They aren't direct bolt ons and for me, it required a couple of extra holes be drilled but I absolutely love my RCI skid plates. It was literally one of the first things I did on mine. They are extremely heavy duty, so much so that when I do work under my vehicle I always forget how heavy they are.

I have another post on here with pics of mine. I got the entire kit that covers from the front to the tcase.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thnaks all - I've read through that long thread and still uncertain what's the best replacement for my 2020 (short frame) Expedition. I have tools to do the installation so I'm not too concerned about the install (air tools, etc) but want the best solution. RCI appears to be a difficult fit for my vehicle. I'll call them on Monday and chat them up.

The FX4 parts seem like a like for like fit but not robust. I'll go down to the dealer and interview them. TheDoug - your solution seems the easiest. I assume you have a 2019 Expedition? Do you have the Raptor part number info?

I have a 2018 platinum that I added everything to. Let me see if I can track down part number.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They aren't direct bolt ons and for me, it required a couple of extra holes be drilled but I absolutely love my RCI skid plates. It was literally one of the first things I did on mine. They are extremely heavy duty, so much so that when I do work under my vehicle I always forget how heavy they are.

I have another post on here with pics of mine. I got the entire kit that covers from the front to the tcase.
@5280tunage, do the RCI skid plates work on the MAX or is there a difference?

I read the other thread in its entirety and I thought it ended with someone saying they had problems with the 09-14' F150 kits on their Expy. Planned on calling RCI next week to speak with Tim but interested in what you have to say.