Child lock and auto unlock questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcapy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New here as I just bought a 2014 EL XLT yesterday to use as our new hot air balloon chase vehicle.

Anyway, I have a question about the rear doors. I am used to my other Ford's opening by pulling the inside handle even when locked. (My '14 Fusion I have to pull it twice)

However, on this when the rear doors are locked the interior handle won't open the door. The child locks are unlocked/off and I tried jiggling and locking/unlocking the child lock but the door still won't unlock by pulling the interior handle. Is it supposed to be like this or if not is there an easy fix?

Also, I tried to turn on the auto unlock setting but it doesn't do anything when I put it in park or open the driver's door like I seem to remember reading it would. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Mike

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

SomeENG

Reaction score
My child locks will sometimes be on, even though I leave them off.

I don't know if my butt turns them on while I'm reaching in the door, (phrasing) or if they somehow do it themselves...

Mine is a 99 though

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear doors will not unlock when the inside handle is pulled.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah pretty sure the child safety lock only disables the electric unlock button so children can’t unlock the door and open on the fly. If the door handle unlocked the door then this would defeat the purpose.

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct, if the rear door is locked, the inside handle won't open it. I believe the child lock switch disables the inside handle from opening the door at any time, even when it's unlocked. The only solution I've found when adults are riding in the back is to select 'auto unlock' in the setup menu. I have just developed the habit of opening my driver door upon parking before anyone else tries to open their doors. Once my driver door opens, it unlocks the other 3 doors. Initially a pain, but I got used to it.

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a pain for sure. I wish there was some way to configure the locks to automatically unlock when the truck is in park.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1