Cupholder fell through console! Weird!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to repair this? I took it to the dealer and they wouldn't warranty it through my Ford extended warranty even though I bought the best one they offered.

mparks

Reaction score
This just happened to my 2018 last night. I went to put a water bottle in the cupholder and the whole thing collapsed into the console. I’m still under warranty so hopefully covered. What a terrible design this is.
Did your warranty cover this??? I am still under warranty with my 2019. Just wondering before I try to to fix myself

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cam phasers and now the cup holders. Wonder what's next?

Seriously looks like an idiotic design. Why move away from the molded units that virtually all other vehicles have. This seems like a great way for a large amount of liquid to end up in there. I'm thinking Styrofoam cup ends up crumbling when this fails...would be an awful mess.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Between this cup holder dilemma and the thread about a poor guy getting his cam phasers replaced six times in 20,000 miles, this 4th Generation is sounding like a bad dream. I really hope these are exceptions rather than the rule.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
buy a new console
Not super helpful. are you talking about some kind of aftermarket console? or a whole new factory console? I actually hope neither, given that just the cup holder is $150, that would tell me the console with all parts is at least a grand. I'm still curious how the repair was. And yes, what a piece of crap design, shows that many systems inside and out are likely untested for real world use before heavy manufacturing begins.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani