Dealer wants to buy my Expedition back from me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goofy173

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With so many vehicles, I get these mailers every week. It's not new. I've gotten them for 20 years.

Scott Hunter

Reaction score
We had a 2004 Expy. In 2008, the dealership called and said they would buy it back and sell me a new one for the exact same payment I was paying. I said Great! I paid it off, so you will give me a new one for no payment? Er - no. I never got another call. LOL!

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That shit would piss me off. If I say no the first time, that ought to be enough. Car dealers are a damned persistent bunch. It's irritating when they just keep badgering one about something.

Yup, it’s annoying but it’s their livelihood. If they “pester” 30 people and 1 person buys then it’s worth it for them. It’s called a sales funnel. 30 leads, 5 conversations, 1 sale.

Also, you don’t know what you don’t know, so if they can get you in to see the new cars maybe you fall in love with it and say thank you to them in the end for bringing it to your attention that the new model has X feature and Y feature that you see immense value in or didn’t even know existed.

Car salesmen might get a bad rep since EVERYONE has dealt with them but every sales person regardless of industry does the same, sales funnel. Reps for Enterprise software, telecom equipment, heavy machinery, The Orkin Man, all guilty.

Herby

Reaction score
Used car market is hot, indeed. I considered upgrading from my 2007 Expy EL Limited but when I visited the dealership and saw the MSRP for a newly loaded Limited model I decided to keep my truck and begin my search for a boat. My Expy runs excellent and feels great on highways.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my Expedition at the local Ford dealer for service recently.

A day or so later, I received a call from the sales department telling me they saw I was in for service, and they had a customer that was looking for an Expedition like mine.

I asked if the customer wanted a white Expedtion, as that was my color (mine is actually Blue Jeans Blue). He said yes, they want a white one.

The salesman said he could put me in a new Expedition for the same monthly payment as my current one if I traded it in to him.

I told the salesman that I had no monthly payment, and asked if I traded it for a new Expedition, would my monthly payment be zero? He told me off course not, unless I paid the difference.

I told him I wasn’t interested and to not call me again.