Dealer wouldn't rotate my tires!! Faulty lug nuts??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced all of mine with Gorilla nuts from Amazon. They look much better, and I'll never be stuck on the side of the road with a lug wrench that doesn't fit.

Do you have a link to what you bought?

Plati

Reaction score
ugh, sorry to hear that man. I had luck pounding a 22mm 6 point onto them, then a 1/2" impact...Obviously you're way past that now.

On another note, I used to live in the finger lakes and spent 3 years driving up to Lyell Ave in Rochester for work every day. Hope you're enjoying the nice weather :)
You must have stopped at Louie's Cordial and the California Brew House occasionally then.

:dogpile:

Plati

Reaction score
Going through this right now. I managed removing the chrome caps which reduces the size to 20 mm and they still would not come off with a 3/4" impact. So broke out the induction heater tool to get em hot and they just rounded off. Turbo sockets just made matters worse. Drilling or torching them are the last options now so do yourself a HUGE favor and replace these pieces of shit with solids. Pretty bad having to work on your truck to work on your truck! Good luck.
Somebody a while back advised welding a new nut on the top. Is that an option? I think that was for a broken exhaust stud but the idea might work here.

Obviously its a job for a skilled welder

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so which is the Gorilla Lug that does fit the 15-17 Expedition?

M14x1.5? Deep, Not deep?

PapaGegs

Reaction score
I got new tires at Discount Tire for my '13 Expedition a couple of months ago. Same thing with the swollen lugs. Tire guy said that it happens to most of them. Bad metal or something. He replaced them all with new for $36.

OP
OP
J

Jeff T

Reaction score
Contacted Gorilla, their response:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for getting in touch.

For your 2017 Ford Expedition with factory alloy wheels with exposed lug nuts the lug nut part number we recommend is 61148CX (bulk, sold individually or in kits by some retailers) or 61147CX (4 pack).

Thank you,

Jon Collier
Gorilla Automotive Products - A Division of Wheel Pros, LLC.
2011 East 49th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90058
Ph: (323) 585-2852
Web: www.gorilla-auto.com