Dealer wrecked my air ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShotgunSamurai8

Reaction score
Ok so my rear air took a dump on me turns out I ruptured a line. Fine fix it I sed... So they did but Lon story short their was also a Problem with the computer that controls the air ride height.

The guys sed that there was no default setting so they just " eyeballed it" and programmed the ride height themselves. Fine I sed, until I saw it...

The ass sits like a truck with a plowing package!! So this is where I need my 1998 Eddie bauer frinds with air ride to help me

I need 2 measurements....
1). Vehicle in DRIVE. I would say put some 2x4 under the front tires to keep it from driving away lol then when the compressor is done filling the air bags I need someone to measure the height from the ground to the bottom of the running board right beneath the runningbpard lights in the front and back and please be very precise.

2) with the vehicle off and the air bags deflated ( or as ford sez " when the vehicle has fully egressed") give me the front and back measurements again from the ground to the rbittom of the running boards from directly beneath the runningboard lights.

They screwed this up and I need your guys help in order for me to get it fixed I appreciate alll of the feedback you guys have to offer

OP
OP
S

ShotgunSamurai8

Reaction score
Also I forgot to ask how much the vehicle rises when you engage 4x4?? I know it goes up but I never knew how much, figured you guys might be able to help me out