Display audio track on gauge cluster screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now that that is settled... ;)

@carymccarr
How do we get a free year of tidal!?

It just came with my Navi...not sure if it does with the expys too. I really like it. I’ve found the sound system to be very good but it has a crazy front bias so the sound needs to really pushed to the rear by at least 60% and set the soundstage to ‘stage’.

Once it does it’s the best factory car audio system I’ve ever owned. Took a bit (1,000 miles lol) to get it the way I like it. Was a little disappointed out of the gate.

Re: factory nav and carplay, just so you don’t think I’m BS’ing you here’s a pic of my rover with carplay on and factory nav on.

b8c9fda6bf0cd1305dcd3f6583e62b52.jpg
8b88503cb0dc6c370d3cef66dceee4a0.jpg

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@carymccarr
Is that a black label thing? Might need to call the dealer...

My biggest complaint about sound the system is the weak eq options specifically no adjustment for the sub. If I have dogs in the back I don't want to blast them out. Still fine tuning the eq on the phone side.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@carymccarr
Is that a black label thing? Might need to call the dealer...

My biggest complaint about sound the system is the weak eq options specifically no adjustment for the sub. If I have dogs in the back I don't want to blast them out. Still fine tuning the eq on the phone side.

There is a “bass” setting but yeah, no separate sub. I honestly figured that the EQ on the phone was overidden by the car but maybe not.

Tidal may be black label only. Not sure.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Apparently provides an analog input for sync3... No idea what codec it uses...

Well, I believe with iphone you’re stuck with AAC but if I’m even off with the nuance I’m sure I’ll be corrected! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I believe with iphone you’re stuck with AAC but if I’m even off with the nuance I’m sure I’ll be corrected! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that was a dig at me...so let me not leave you waiting.

On a modern iPhone you would have to use the lightning to analog audio adapter, so my guess is you would be using this for non Apple stuff, like aftermarket rear seat entertainment, without using an FM transmitter.

An audio cable like that would be analog, so hence no codec, because that is a digital thing.

But the device that was linked above would have to take the Analog Audio and convert it to a digital stream via some codec that Sync is happy with. There is no straight documentation from Ford that lists what Codec's they support for hardwire, but instead they list phones that I have found. So far everything I have plugged in, worked.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@carymccarr You were correct on the Factory Nav for other manufacturers. I know BMW, VW, Toyota, Mazda, Dodge, and Nissan do not allow Native Nav access when Carplay is attached, but apparently some do. I played with a neighbors chevy a few months ago, and his did not. Factory Nav button sent you to Apple Maps when his phone was connected, so maybe there has been an update or GMC uses a slightly different version.

Turning off Carplay is 4 button presses for me, but all good if that is too hard.

We can agree to disagree, I don't see them as limitations. Do I wish it was better, yes, but I have used MANY systems that were WAY worse. I change what I can, and live with what I can't.