Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pohoda

Reaction score
I just stumbled across this SC http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/f150/ from Edelbrock. I am not sure when they will come out for the Expy, but from what I have read about the F150 version it is a good setup. Complete DIY kit for the backyard mechanic. Let me know what you guys think about this setup. I am putting this on my 3V 2005 EB. Can anyone recommend some good long tubes that will fit my Expy?

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Everything that is available is shorty

s/c kit + oem hood = possible clearance issue

03blkstanggt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they state it will fit under the stock hood. a kenny bell is taller and that fits without problems. atleast in videos that ive seen

OP
OP
P

pohoda

Reaction score
Thanks 03blkstanggt...just called Edelbrock to find out when the SC comes out for the Expy, but after being on hold for 15 mins I gave up. Hopefully it will be out soon. I want to get that!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mind gifting me $500...sounds like you have money to burn...i can be a tax deductable...

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i gotta see the write up i tried to get under there to look for broken studs, the driver side was cool but the pass side you cant even see, i guess maybe remove the starter to get in there? ill be anxiously awaiting the write up.......
good choice on the gibson shorty

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have only seen it on a 2007 Ford F-150 Saleen, but everything that I have looked at including on their website says that it will just bolt on. It shows for an expedition but I haven't seen anyone put it on yet. I was looking at the same thing and I would love to get it for my 2007 Expedition EL. It doesn't show a price for it either and there is no email to be able to email them. I guess I will have to see if I can call, but that will have to wait until I am back home.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I used BBK ceramic coated 1 5/8" shorties. I think the ceramic coating is worth the extra $$. Keeps underhood temps down. They were also 1 of the few that offered 1 5/8" headers and beyond say 350ish hp 1 1/2" start to become a restriction. Mine are for gen 1 expy though.

As for the blower...if you can do it, it would be a great mod. Something no doubt you will feel in the seat of your pants. :) It also leaves you room to up the hp later. Not sure what the limitations of the later modular motors are but assume they use hyper pistons and powered metal rods also. This should only an issue if you plan to go beyond the level of boost recommended by edelbrock. The powdered metal rods are the weak link...when lightnings are pushed beyond 500 rwhp they begin chucking the rods.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65