Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't plan on going more than 500HP. I just want to know that the power is there if I want it. :D The great thing about Edelbrock is that you don't lose the MPG.... unless you have a heavy foot all the time. LOL I found out that it is $6500 for the Edelbrock E-Force, but I still haven't been told weather or not I can use it on my Expedition. It says it is for a F-150, Expedition or a Navigator so I guess I can. I still haven't found anyone who has put it on the Expedition though.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I don't plan on going more than 500HP. I just want to know that the power is there if I want it. :D The great thing about Edelbrock is that you don't lose the MPG.... unless you have a heavy foot all the time. LOL I found out that it is $6500 for the Edelbrock E-Force, but I still haven't been told weather or not I can use it on my Expedition. It says it is for a F-150, Expedition or a Navigator so I guess I can. I still haven't found anyone who has put it on the Expedition though.

They all have bypass valves which if you can keep your foot out of it you only have the parasistic drag of the spinning rotors or impellers. But with the power increase available it takes a lot of self control not to use it. I plan to start keeping track of my fuel and milage. Really dont think its too bad...but I have a difficult time staying out of the throttle for a whole tank. Not even sure if its possible.... No self control :facepalm:

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They all have bypass valves which if you can keep your foot out of it you only have the parasistic drag of the spinning rotors or impellers. But with the power increase available it takes a lot of self control not to use it. I plan to start keeping track of my fuel and milage. Really dont think its too bad...but I have a difficult time staying out of the throttle for a whole tank. Not even sure if its possible.... No self control :facepalm:

LMAO I was the same way when I first got my exhaust put on, I loved the sound of it so any time I could get on it, I did, and my wallet felt it. LOL I used to have a 2001 Camaro SS, 6 speed, T-tops, IT was GREAT!!! I did my fair share of street racing, but on the street driving normal, I only got pulled over for my stereo being too loud. LOL :D I had some control, considering I was 23 at the time, that is saying a lot. LOL :D

robl110

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How about the Whipple and Saleen SC? Whipple Guy told me it would be a direct bolt in and come with the tune, 450hp at crank . The kit was about $5000 for a 05-06 3V. Per Brenspeed the Saleen kit should fit an expy too.

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, but don't you have to do some cutting and some modifying? With the Edelbrock nothing needs to be done but installation that anyone can do in their own garage. I don't want to have to take to anyone or have it Dynoed because it isn't running right. I want to be able to do it myself and know that everything will be good to go once I am done. I have watch some videos on it and the instructions are easy to follow as well. No special tools are needed either.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
LMAO I was the same way when I first got my exhaust put on, I loved the sound of it so any time I could get on it, I did, and my wallet felt it. LOL I used to have a 2001 Camaro SS, 6 speed, T-tops, IT was GREAT!!! I did my fair share of street racing, but on the street driving normal, I only got pulled over for my stereo being too loud. LOL :D I had some control, considering I was 23 at the time, that is saying a lot. LOL :D

I actually have a 10 second mustang which I have never gotten a ticket in and I have owned it since 1992 and it is street driven. :p

Plus it has a clean neat look to it and do whinning sound. So it kinda makes it a sleeper. :D

I would be surprised if it makes no noise. Most all roots or screw blowers make some degree of noise. An interesting fact to me is the noise is actually produced from the rotors effect on the air. It is not gear noise. All of the whine is actually coming from the air filter.

I just got back from filling her up and with 316.1 miles on the trip odometer I was able to squeeze in 23.33 gallons. So I averaged 13.55 mpg... I am happy with that considering I was not driving with gas milage in mind. I am sure I can do much better.

Last edited:

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was surprised too, but when you listen to them running and look it up on youtube, you don't hear much. Maybe because the cars have an exhaust but I didn't hear much spooling.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I was surprised too, but when you listen to them running and look it up on youtube, you don't hear much. Maybe because the cars have an exhaust but I didn't hear much spooling.

If you listen to mine in the link in my signature it is loud but the window is down and airfilter is on drivers side. Plus I am pushing more boost.

Listen too it from different angle in link below and at only 8psi boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkLq2Eg9kTY

Knautical2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I can hear it, but this is the Edelbrock E-Force on a 2007 F-150 and you can't hear it but slightly when he gets on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain John Poet