Exceedingly happy with my purchase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajunman

Reaction score
To break up the doom and gloom that can come with an auto forum I thought I'd share my joy. I bought my 2017 xlt for the HD tow package, and I was satisfied with the deal. What I didn't realize was the features ordered from the dealership make this xlt just shy of a limited, but with a price tag approximately 5,000 to 7,000 dollars cheaper than the average limited around my area. Now satisfied is an understatment.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed. My XLT was optioned out with just about everything except navigation (just a cheesy CD radio). But in the age of smart phones, who needs to interface with a clumsy nav interface? Plus my radio will soon be replaced with an Apple Play radio.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Ford Expedition Limited. The navigation system is okay. Ford will want you to update the system regularly and it's not cheap. I have a nice Garmin for my truck which I use and it has FREE updates for life. It works great sitting on the dash. I don't have to keep looking down to the screen taking my eyes off of the road.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Ford Expedition Limited. The navigation system is okay. Ford will want you to update the system regularly and it's not cheap. I have a nice Garmin for my truck which I use and it has FREE updates for life. It works great sitting on the dash. I don't have to keep looking down to the screen taking my eyes off of the road.
You can download the map updates for free from CyanLabs. I've done the update three times now and it works great with all the development in the Houston area. You can also show the directions on the right side of the dashboard screen to avoid needing to look away. Having said that, I generally use Google or Waze instead because I want traffic data.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love my XLT. I prefer cloth seats and I didn't really want the power controlled rear seats.

But I did make some improvements to my XLT shortly after getting it.

1. Upgraded all of the interior bulbs to LEDs. The black cloth seats just soaked up the incandescent light and car was still dark with the lights on, With the LEDs the light has more 'blue' to it which reflects off the black cloth better allowing you to actually see the floor at night.

2. LED headlights bulbs. I used to see my own shadow ahead of me when driving at night when a newer car was behind me. Got Diode Dynamics H11 SL1 bulbs and its just normal now, so I'm happy.

3. Upgraded Infotainment to a Phoenix Automotive PX6 Android 9 17" head unit. Its a crappy piece of hardware, but its hard to beat a 17" screen when running Google Map or Waze.

4. Added Trailer Break Controller thanks to Forscan

5. Enabled Bambi Mode also thanks to Forscan.

6. Put in a Console Vault. Nice to keep valuables secured.

7. VIOFIO A129 Pro Duo 4k Front/Rear Dash Cams. Gotta have a cam now a days.

8. Oil Catch Can for the Eccoboost. Cuts down on Valve Fouling

OP
OP
C

Cajunman

Reaction score
Love my XLT. I prefer cloth seats and I didn't really want the power controlled rear seats.

But I did make some improvements to my XLT shortly after getting it.

1. Upgraded all of the interior bulbs to LEDs. The black cloth seats just soaked up the incandescent light and car was still dark with the lights on, With the LEDs the light has more 'blue' to it which reflects off the black cloth better allowing you to actually see the floor at night.

5. Enabled Bambi Mode also thanks to Forscan.

6. Put in a Console Vault. Nice to keep valuables secured.

8. Oil Catch Can for the Eccoboost. Cuts down on Valve Fouling
I appreciate the heads up on the interior LED

What the heck is Bambi mode

The vaults are out of stock for now unfortunately

Definitely about to order the catch can.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bambi mode is when both the High beam lights & Low Beam lights are on at the same time. It is available in Forscan.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s high beams and fogs. These have a dual stage bulb that just gets brighter for high beam

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It enables all three pairs to be on: Highs, lows, and fogs (fogs normally turn off when high beams are engaged).

OP
OP
C

Cajunman

Reaction score
Bambi mode is when both the High beam lights & Low Beam lights are on at the same time. It is available in Forscan.
That makes sense, clipped a doe one morning in my previous 250, couldn't see her at 4 in the morning with just the headlights, and deer are a pretty extreme hazard where I live. Only thing damaged was a fog light, snapped it off.