Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DodgeRamAw06

Reaction score
I would like to run a new exhaust on my 97 exp. I have a glass pack on it now but id like to do more. I would like to get rid of the four cats and run a new h-pipe. Then i would like to put dual pipes straight out the back. Has anyone takin off the cats on these? Any suggestions?

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want to remove the cats for better flow, you at least replace the four stock one with two high flow units. 96-up cars with obd2 have rear o2 sensors that won't like, err, won't be happy with such. Unless you get an O2 simulator the CEL will come on to stay. Also, there is a certain amount of back pressure required on these newer cars, and relieving to much can sometimes cause less performance and bad running conditions

You can look here, http://navigatorfourms.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=4
and see a picture of part of mine and read what I did. If you want to do something similair I can lead you in the right path. And yes, mine is very loud