Expedition Max vs standard size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned how odd looking the shorties are? A matter of opinion but looks funny, especially with 22s.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned how odd looking the shorties are? A matter of opinion but looks funny, especially with 22s.

Nope you are the first.

Now if you are talking about the 22's yes a lot of people have voiced their opinion on those. And i personally do not like the low profile tires with big rims.
But that's the wheels not the truck that look ODD.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t understand why they don’t just sell the Max and the Max alone. To me the shorty is pointless. With the 3rd row in use on a shorty there is no space for…anything. Just get a 3 row crossover. We have 2 kids and 2 dogs. No way would I ever want anything but the Max. In fact I wish they made it even bigger. I could have used more space recently.

Because not everyone has little crumb snatchers to haul around. It's just my wife and I and our dog. The third row is never up and will never be used. And I didn't want a tight fit in the garage. When we did have kids to haul we had an Excursion. Now that had lots of room!!

lv2drive

Full Access Members
Reaction score
we love our shorty. makes NYC jaunts possible, also. garage is non issue because around here we fill that up with stuff. or my wife likes to call “junk”, even though half of it is her moms crap.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope you are the first.

Now if you are talking about the 22's yes a lot of people have voiced their opinion on those. And i personally do not like the low profile tires with big rims.
But that's the wheels not the truck that look ODD.

I was out earlier today and saw a shorty and felt it looked a little disproportionate in comparison to my Max.

Hell, I am mounting 23" wheels on mine next week, will look sharp!

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am kind or late to the thread. I have a 2001 XLT. What year did the "shorties" appear? Are they shorter than my 2001?