Expedition Max vs standard size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd do the big kid seat in the 3rd row in the current ride with larger side down and see if that fits the needs. Also sounds like a nice part for you is you have time to realize that lots of door dings or a minivan is in your future as a father of 3. [emoji12]

-father of 4 w/minivan and expy (youngest is 5)

Believe at least Toyota makes an all wheel drive minivan if not others at this point, so, that point about snow doesn't really hold up unless your location is very rural with huge snowfall/minimal plowing. That said, there is nothing like a full sized four wheel drive SUV for bad weather conditions...

Yes, I’m expecting many door dings. We try to keep the kids in the leased Volvo XC90 as much as possible and let them trash that! Haha.

But yes, going to try the booster in the small 3rd row seat and see if that works. I love the idea of the Max or Navigator L but my garage will not be a fan and I honestly don’t need the size for 99% of my driving.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have 1 kid, and a medium size dog, and still did the Max. The room is 100% worth it. It is just as easy to park as my Explorer. No brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Truth! No 3+ hour legs for me for about a decade more!
Even my standard Expedition is the first SUV that’s actually bested my Subarus on road trip fuel range. However!! My other SUVS were all Toyotas that burn fuel like a teen ager eats junk food.

Paul M

Reaction score
Yep-I moved from Edmond (USAF) two years ago, but still have a home near Bryant and Sorghum Mill roads--we miss the city badly.
Coltrane in Huntwick. Edmond has a ton of USAF personnel and I think most all of their kids go to St. Elizabeth. and thanks for your service!

Paul M

Reaction score
The F150 supercrew 5.5 bed was 8-10 inches longer than the Expy max we replaced it with and so much tighter turning radius! It's only the wife and I now but I'd buy a max every time, everyday! But I'll admit I'm very fortunate, when I park the Expy Max in the garage I still have 5+ feet from bumper to wall, which is enough for our storm shelter - because Oklahoma...
tempImage6VEkuC.png

Blue87GT

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd do the big kid seat in the 3rd row in the current ride with larger side down and see if that fits the needs. Also sounds like a nice part for you is you have time to realize that lots of door dings or a minivan is in your future as a father of 3. [emoji12]

-father of 4 w/minivan and expy (youngest is 5)

Believe at least Toyota makes an all wheel drive minivan if not others at this point, so, that point about snow doesn't really hold up unless your location is very rural with huge snowfall/minimal plowing. That said, there is nothing like a full sized four wheel drive SUV for bad weather conditions...
That's what works best for us-the big kids sit in the third row, making it much easier for us to load the babies in the second row.