Expedition takes on Goldmine hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18-FX4-GUY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This was the destination. Was an awesome off road day. A good size all year round running spring in the middle of the desert.d9963137cecd4bf91091ab38396a3f0a.jpg41672e957a97fb76a487a20e7de54bde.jpg6800b63068a25686920b6144d51a3658.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you actually confirmed with ICON they are going to produce it?
I spoke with them a month or so back and was told they had zero intentions of doing anything for the Expedition.

They did a one off set for a 2007 for Adventure Driven too but they aren’t available.
If so my 2016 would be done with those in the rear and the fronts from an F150.

FX4ord

Reaction score
Joined this forum just to talk about how wrong this video was, he didn't know how to pilot it at all, it doesn't have a locker, and it kept operating at reduced torque likely to keep from breaking something. It does have car tires, those terrible terrible tires plus 4L engaged with 470 lb/ft equals a spin fest in that terrain, that said, had he not be afraid and driven it properly he would have made it, no way it can be stopped by that and a Honda Ridgeline and Pilot make it up. I believe if he kept the system in 4A and used one of the drive modes which locks the "center diff", the system would work better at putting power to the correct place.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure on that?

Andre had no clue what he was doing. He kept saying the rear had a locker and the front was LSD, completely incorrect. The rear only is eLSD that can simulate an E Locker. The locker was what kept dissengaging on him due to overheating. He kept saying it was the front LSD, which these trucks don’t even have. Bad tires, bad and uninformed driver. But yes FX4ord the FX4 does have a locker mode.

FX4ord

Reaction score
Are you sure on that?

Yes I'm positive, I don't consider and electronic limited slip differential with a locking mode a locker, because it's not. If it had a real locking rear Ford would say that over eLSD, as a true eLocker like on the F150 is far superior than an eLSD. I think that's why E lockers replaced the TracLoc limited slips on the pick-ups...

Now if it actually has electronic limited slip + e locker I'd be floored...

Last edited: