Expedition Tires for Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
... or just read the sidewall.

-- Chuck
C'mon, Chuck. You know those tire engineers don't know what they're doing, just like engine designers and engineers...always telling us stupid ways to maintain our cars when we have google to tell us the right stuff.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thoe
C'mon, Chuck. You know those tire engineers don't know what they're doing, just like engine designers and engineers...always telling us stupid ways to maintain our cars when we have google to tell us the right stuff.
Chuck might have 51 max psi rating (probably LT tires) but what about everyone else. It's all in google...…….look it up.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
P rated tires that have 50 lb pressures are usually low profile tires from what I've seen.
C'mon, Bob lol Yes, Firestone engineers really knew what they were doing when they had to recall all those tires years ago due to rollovers etc. It's not always about the original engineers. Execs end up making changes. Why would they do that for a tire? "You'll save gas with these tires!" Marketing. The only P rated tires I've seen that were 50 psi are performance tires. Low profile type etc.
My point, just because they say so, doesn't make it so. JMO of course...

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Have you even looked at the sidewall of car tires? The data is all there.

Why would google know more about the maximum tire pressure on the tires on my truck than I confirmed yesterday -- and furnished photos? For grins here's the maximum load and cold tire pressure from the rear wheels of my lil Honda S2000. Yep 51psi (again). 1477 pounds capacity.

IMG_5561[1].JPG

IMG_5562[1].JPG

I really don't care if anyone wants to run truck tires or change their oil at 3,000 miles. Overkill always works...but it ain't necessary. :)

-- Chuck

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
For grins here's the maximum load and cold tire pressure from the rear wheels of my lil Honda S2000. Yep 51psi (again). 1477 pounds capacity.
-- Chuck
What does your Honda have to do with whether or not you should run LT tires on an SUV? My bicycle tires take 65 psi. Must be great for towing... Not very good logic.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you even looked at the sidewall of car tires? The data is all there.

Why would google know more about the maximum tire pressure on the tires on my truck than I confirmed yesterday -- and furnished photos? For grins here's the maximum load and cold tire pressure from the rear wheels of my lil Honda S2000. Yep 51psi (again). 1477 pounds capacity.

View attachment 34405

View attachment 34406

I really don't care if anyone wants to run truck tires or change their oil at 3,000 miles. Overkill always works...but it ain't necessary. :)

-- Chuck
Again not everyone has P rated tires like yours and I am thinking they aren't P rated. According to the net there are no P rated 51psi max tires out there (maybe some low profile ones). Actually LT rated tires aren't overkill for heavy towing. Nobody mentioned 3k oil changes.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
According to the net there are no P rated 51psi max tires out there (maybe some low profile ones)
Guess those tires on my Expedition are imaginary... 'cuz the net says so.

The 51psi max pressure tires on the Honda are P-metric too, but, alas they must be imaginary as well. Nothing to do at all with towing but they're P-metric and their max inflation pressure is 51psi -- even though that's impossible. ;)

-- Chuck

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score

The 51psi max pressure tires on the Honda are P-metric too, but, alas they must be imaginary as well. Nothing to do at all with towing but they're P-metric and their max inflation pressure is 51psi -- even though that's impossible. ;)

-- Chuck
This was about towing, not your low profile tires.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

-- Chuck

Chuck apparently my Michelin LTX MS/2 P rated tires on the Expedition are imaginary too. Much like yours they read 51 PSI max.