Fishing Rod Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

georgeraft

Reaction score
Need a car top fishing rod carrier for my 2010 Eddie Bauer Expedition, have been unable to find one that fits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haven't seen any "factory" made. Why not PVC and cap one end and a threaded cap on the other? Cut to fit.

billyrides

Reaction score
I agree with the PVC tube. That's how I transported mine prior to using a trailer for my kayaks full time. (Which by the way, still has three of those tubes for rods on it) Use the Buyers conduit carrier kit and you will just need around eight feet of 6" PVC pipe and the kit. Gives you one end capped off and the other end with a hinged lid that is lockable. Mine are sprayed with Flex Seal to make them a bit more attractive, but I've seen people do vinyl wraps on them as well as other types of plastic compatible paint. 6" pipe will allow you to carry around 5 baitcasters, or 3 baitcasters and a spinning combo, assuming you aren't carrying some deep sea gear. If you need bigger, step it up to 8" pipe, but that gets more expensive and tougher to find.

Ben1953

Reaction score
I use the Yakima TopWater fishing rod storage unit. It's not cheap, but well worth the price. You can attach it to your standard ford roof rack cross bars. Here's a video on the product. https://youtu.be/HFi0i1NEO50

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some other options listed on this thread

Mark Farley

Reaction score
About 10 years ago, I bought fishing rod holder set that came with two web straps from Bass Pro. One had loops sewn in that the rod tips slide through. The second had Velcro loops to wrap around the rod handles near the reel. The straps are designed to handle seven fishing rods. The clips on the end of each strap I have hooked to the clothes hanger hooks on each side. This kit would also work for in bed storage of fishing rods for pick up trucks. I am not sure if Bass Pro still carries these.

00XTL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use the rhino rack. Clamps to the cross bars. If you click on my profile pick you can sort of see it. I got the medium size one. Hold 11 rods some skies and snowboards.