For Those Who Don't Think a Catch Can is Needed on Gen 4 s...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always use Blackstone labs when I was a diesel dick . It’s like $30.00. I have always been curious if these make any difference in the fuel pushed into the oil. At the OP’s current rate you would have to drive over 500K miles to get a gallon of crap stuck in your CAC. Which one are you going with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
JLT seems to be the one everyone is suggesting... As humid as it is here I have a feeling I'll be getting more "deposit" than others. If I only have 2-3k on this oil change is it still worth getting the analysis? Or should I wait and do it after the road trip and get the can installed when I get back?

Didn't realize you were a body builder? :deal:
https://blackstonelabs.com/

OP
OP
Expedition Dave

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always use Blackstone labs when I was a diesel dick . It’s like $30.00. I have always been curious if these make any difference in the fuel pushed into the oil. At the OP’s current rate you would have to drive over 500K miles to get a gallon of crap stuck in your CAC. Which one are you going with?

Actually Foz, that is just shy of an ounce, but if we give it an even ounce at least 896,000 miles for a gallon :)

And FWIW, my driving style is leisurely, with only occasional full throttle bursts to let things stretch a bit. 99% of the time I drive in Eco-Mode.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have seen people drain a bunch of crap out of their CAC that doesn’t look good. But we have Ecoboosts at work with 200K miles that have had nothing other than 5K oil changes. With nothing wrong with them. Not even cam phasers. A few other problems. I will probably dump mine in a few years or next model refresh. So not sure it’s worth it for me but if it helped keep the oil cleaner I would probably go for it.

Yes I was a body builder, turned power lifter. A few years ago I had a major quad tear and last year a hernia. Been out of the gym and off the “supplements” for almost a year now. Still have a lot of size, but the conditioning is gone. Need to go back but the CV bothers me a little.

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/?se...abs.net/Bstone/(S(upgg52recldhr055fi4qcn45))/

Thejkwest

Reaction score
So I own a 2007 Expedition Limited and I put the JLT catch can on it. Haven't emptied it yet because I just put it on. I am fixing to do a oil change soon. So I'll post a pic after. I am in the process of start a youtube channel which will start with me working on the Expedition. It was mistreated and I want to bring it back to it's former glory.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Expedition Dave

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A CC reduces carbon in the intake track/valves.

It has maybe less to do with engine longevity to 200K, but power, efficiency, etc. on the way there. It may be the smallest thing you can do for your engine's health, and far less important than correctly timed oil changes. But I already address that with an oil change at 1K, and the latest at 8K to fully synthetic 5W30 with 28% oil life left.
YMMV.

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have seen people drain a bunch of crap out of their CAC that doesn’t look good. But we have Ecoboosts at work with 200K miles that have had nothing other than 5K oil changes. With nothing wrong with them. Not even cam phasers. A few other problems. I will probably dump mine in a few years or next model refresh. So not sure it’s worth it for me but if it helped keep the oil cleaner I would probably go for it.

Yes I was a body builder, turned power lifter. A few years ago I had a major quad tear and last year a hernia. Been out of the gym and off the “supplements” for almost a year now. Still have a lot of size, but the conditioning is gone. Need to go back but the CV bothers me a little.

https://www.blackstone-labs.com/?session-id=upgg52recldhr055fi4qcn45&timeout=20&bslauth&urlbase=https://www.blackstone-labs.net/Bstone/(S(upgg52recldhr055fi4qcn45))/

Supplements aka the meat juice?