Ford back with big blocks and pushrods!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TFL ran the 7.3 GodZilla up the Ike with 16,000 pounds in tow. The 7.3 hangs right with the 6.7 Diesel at maintaining speed limit by their testing standards!! Both scored very similar times within the 8 minute mark. The 7.3L got a class leading Gold Hitch Award Score for its run. It beat chevys 6.6L by 3 minutes.

Last edited:

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:driver:Thanks for getting me drooling! I just put historical tags on my Ol 95 F150 so now I’m exempt from state emissions testing ... and now (all because of you of course) I’m contemplating yanking my 5.8 Windsor out and transplanting the Godzilla in. I keep telling myself that I don’t need another Hot Rod ..... but man I got the itch for another build. Maybe I’ll just look for a Mass Air conversion kit and just build the Windsor. Just a wee little bit...... or maybe just a little bit more.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow it looks like Ford has really focused on simplicity for this new power plant. I’m sold especially for fleet applications. To me Super Duty trucks are tools to make my living with. I want hard working and reliable. Looks like Ford is gonna deliver on both with this package. Not to say the 6.7 Powerstroke is not reliable but man there is a lot going on under that hood. My 08 5.4 2 valve in my super duty E350 utility van has been very reliable with 120,000 hard miles.I also have a 1988 7.3 non turbo diesel F350 stake body dump dually and she is super simple under the hood. No electronics all mechanical injection pump, and a 5sp. manual trans. that’s why it’s still in service. It replaced my old 1973 F350 rock body dump that had a 360 FE in it. I loved that dump truck since the day my father backed it in our driveway. He had bought it brand new. The gas tank was behind the seat (you could here the fuel sloshing around while driving) and it had an oil bath air cleaner, granny 4sp ,and 456:1 rear gear.What a reliable workhorse that truck was. A real money maker.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m curious as to what tea leaves Ford and GM have been reading. Why just now have they decided to bring new large gas offerings? Chrysler tells us they are developing a 7.0L V8 as well. All 3 will have a big block out for 2020! You have Ford 7.3L, GM 6.6L, RAM 7.0L.

Are the end of diesels upon us? Maybe it’s the last hoorah before everything is a golf cart, who knows.

green radicals have been buying politicians for decades to kill off the diesel. they object to better mileage and cheaper fuel, so they burdened it with cow-pee regulations and over taxed fuel.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
green radicals have been buying politicians for decades to kill off the diesel. they object to better mileage and cheaper fuel, so they burdened it with cow-pee regulations and over taxed fuel.

How do you explain the massive subsidies to the petroleum industry?

Pollution loving globalists buying politicians is the answer but I’ll be interested to hear your take...

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you explain the massive subsidies to the petroleum industry?

Pollution loving globalists buying politicians is the answer but I’ll be interested to hear your take...
I don't care!
Get rid of the stupid push for electric and hybrid vehicles. Europe just stepped up the time frame that they're talking about banning gasoline and hybrid vehicles. All the crap starts there and then it filters over here it seems... just like the regulations and ban on R12 and then the phase-out of R134a. Screw these people! Can I say it louder?? Screw these people! I can't get bigger text here without a lot of extra work but I want to say it louder!!
I don't care!

We have it pretty much perfected and it works just fine so leave it alone.

I think I'm having a Snickers moment.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because we only have so much of a non renewable resource. I would also like to see advancements in hydrogen fuel cells. They require no nasty battery chemicals or people slaving away and ruining land to mine lithium. No heavy battery packs or inconvenience of having to wait a while for any decent range on a charge. If we could perfect fuel cells we could have instant swap outs (less daily compromises), and emissions being less harmful. The other almost perfect option would be to go all nuclear on our power grid and then do EVs. We will continue to utilize and improve our use of fossil fuels because they are a valuable resource to make power and transport happen but putting on blinders and sticking your head in the sand doesn’t solve problems.

It’s much better to keep an open mind for problem solving. I like big gas engines like the 7.3 that are more advanced and am glad ford came out with it. They do a lot of work reliably. But I also like to see advancements in other technologies too.

Last edited: