Ford back with big blocks and pushrods!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford and pushrods have been defunked for 2 decades now.....besides the 6.7L PS. Ford unveiled their new 7.3L Big Block pushrod V8 yesterday. Vastly different from their usual overhead cam designs. Pushrods do have benefit.....you can make a lighter and more compact engine. This new 7.3L V8 will be paired to the new 10 speed automatic trans.....available on F-250 and up trucks. Exciting and interesting stuff! The Boss 6.2 will remain as the standard powertrain.

959EDCAB-4F11-4605-A632-9A3630A3138E.png

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow! Who'd have thunk it was possible. Goes to show, everything makes a come around every so often. Look at sales of the Dodge Challenger, and Ford Mustang. Camaro too. Hopefully they didn't cheat anywhere, that would suck.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll wait a few years to see if it spits out plugs, breaks them off, warps the intake manifold or eats timing chains...

I suggest watching the interview with the engineer on this engine, cam in block with short chain driven VCT....no mile long Timing chains like the OHC motors. Plugs shouldnt be an issue with this design either....it’s simple. This should be a home run for Ford!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Trust me. They'll figure out a way to cheap out and screw it up. Maybe you'll have to pull the engine to replace the plugs? Or they could put the starter under the intake manifold?

If they made the 170 cu in straight six today they'd screw it up. I'm sure a 445 cu V-8 will leave lots of opportunity for that.