ford dealer in md. offering 2019 exp. max., showing vin #

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It'll look exactly like the lettering on the hood of an Explorer Sport, except obviously say "Expedition"

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Expy has the Limited Appearance package - no chrome trim. Everything is blacked out - front grille, side window trim, rear trim and F/R brake calipers are black.
Is it just a vinyl decal?

9-4-2018 4-34-50 PM.jpg

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Expy has the Limited Appearance package - no chrome trim. Everything is blacked out - front grille, side window trim, rear trim and F/R brake calipers are black.
Is it just a vinyl decal?

Are you not the original owner? Sounds like a previous owner or perhaps the dealership did a “chrome delete” on your Expy. So most likely a vinyl decal/wrap product over the chrome bits. This was not a standard thing on previous Expys that I’m aware of. The Explorer has had a stealth option on the Sport model the last year or two where everything is blacked out.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you not the original owner? Sounds like a previous owner or perhaps the dealership did a “chrome delete” on your Expy. So most likely a vinyl decal/wrap product over the chrome bits. This was not a standard thing on previous Expys that I’m aware of. The Explorer has had a stealth option on the Sport model the last year or two where everything is blacked out.

I am the first owner. I don't think the dealer did it either. It's part of the Limited Appearance package for $495. My avatar pic is when the Expy was delivered to the dealer from Ford.

Here is a better pic when the Expy was on the dealer lot.

IMG_2610.jpg

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah, I see. Yeah, they still had the black window trim like that I guess. And I forgot about the Magnetic painted wheels — also something they offered on the Explorer and F150. Explorers are and have been the same way for a while with the window trim. You still have chrome headlight and door handle accents. I suppose there’s quite a bit of black on the grille too but not like the stealth option coming up or like the stealth/sport option on the Explorer.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
koons ford in md is offering limited w/stealth pkg.
showing assigned vin #.
thought production didn't start till oct.
is this in error ?
or are we dealing with " dealer ordered ? "
tim

Which Koons? Annapolis or Security Blvd/Rt 40 (where I bought my truck)?

jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett