ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the front Fast turn signal change this line to - 726-13-01 0000 0000 43 - you have to change 0101 to 0000
@LokiWolf said that he thinks the line below the 726-13-01 is the one that controls the rear hyper flash.

For the double honk, you can defeat it by closing your door but not completely latching it - if your door isn't completely closed you can walk away from the vehicle while it's running and not get the horn honk.

One thing to remember (this caused me some worry before I figured it out) if you have power running boards and you update the BdyCM module it will turn your running boards off and you will have to reset them in the instrument panel on the left hand side in settings.

@ExpeditionAndy in the spreadsheet I compiled a few posts back, it outlines the FORScan code change to disable the double honk.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Got a '17 Limited EL Expy and I've been reading up and gathering the tools to make some changes to the rig via FORScan. Very grateful to you guys for sharing this info and taking the time to figure out what codes are compatible with these trucks. ads245, your list, in particular, is fantastic. I'm happy to share the original module backups from my truck if it will help you or anyone isolate additional codes.

btw, for me, all of this started with the double horn honk issue. A very personal preference, but I have hated it since day one. For work I'm often in/out while it's running. I asked the dealer about it and they were very certain it was not something that could be disabled. I resigned myself to the fact and got pretty good at closing the door almost fully... LOL On a whim one day I did a google search and found the F150 forum guys doing all kinds of mods with FORScan. Powerful and awesome stuff for sure.

Would be wonderful to find the right address for dark mode. I'll try experimenting a little bit and see what I can find.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got a '17 Limited EL Expy and I've been reading up and gathering the tools to make some changes to the rig via FORScan. Very grateful to you guys for sharing this info and taking the time to figure out what codes are compatible with these trucks. ads245, your list, in particular, is fantastic. I'm happy to share the original module backups from my truck if it will help you or anyone isolate additional codes.

btw, for me, all of this started with the double horn honk issue. A very personal preference, but I have hated it since day one. For work I'm often in/out while it's running. I asked the dealer about it and they were very certain it was not something that could be disabled. I resigned myself to the fact and got pretty good at closing the door almost fully... LOL On a whim one day I did a google search and found the F150 forum guys doing all kinds of mods with FORScan. Powerful and awesome stuff for sure.

Would be wonderful to find the right address for dark mode. I'll try experimenting a little bit and see what I can find.

I haven't recorded the actual address for 'Dark Car' yet, but if you click on 'BdyCM Module Configuration' in FORScan, instead of 'BdyCM Module Configuration (AS BUILT format)' you will get a plain English menu instead of hexadecimal code lines where you can enable or disable this. The coding lines to identify 'Dark Car' have already been identified by the FORScan team, which is why they present a plain English option to 'enable' and 'disable'. By selecting either 'enabled' or 'disabled' FORScan is actually changing the As-Built coding lines in the BdyCM automatically for you.

As an example if you use the plain English option to turn on the DRLs, by selecting 'enabled', the FORScan application in the background edits BdyCM line 726-11-01 by changing it from x0xx *** xx to x1xx xxxx xx.

Here's a video of someone using the plain English option:

It will take a little time to find the specific coding address that enables/disables 'Dark Car', but all one has to do is save the As-Built data in the BdyCM before using the plain English option to enable 'Dark Car' and then save the As-Built data after enabling it and find the one line that has a change in it.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ExpeditionAndy in the spreadsheet I compiled a few posts back, it outlines the FORScan code change to disable the double honk.
Thanks ADS, I'll have to go back and look for it. I remember seeing it a while back and I wanted to save it but I think I saw something shiny and I got side tracked. :)

I want to figure out how to do two things. Auto fold the mirrors when I shut it off, and do the Auto Tilt when you put the truck in reverse. I also what to activate my Parking Lights for DRLs since I installed the switchbacks I figured it's cheaper to burn those out than the fog lights.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks ADS, I'll have to go back and look for it. I remember seeing it a while back and I wanted to save it but I think I saw something shiny and I got side tracked. :)

I want to figure out how to do two things. Auto fold the mirrors when I shut it off, and do the Auto Tilt when you put the truck in reverse. I also what to activate my Parking Lights for DRLs since I installed the switchbacks I figured it's cheaper to burn those out than the fog lights.

And so it begins! The auto fold mirrors and auto tilt will be quite tricky to isolate due to the fact that code changes from other vehicles will be of little help. Most of these changes on the F150s are code within the DDM and PDM of which the Expedition has neither (I confirmed this after talking with the FORScan team). Instead the FORScan team speculated that what the DDM and PDM handle on other vehicles will be found within the Expedition's BdyCM. Of course to make things more difficult, on the F150s, these mirror functions require 4 different address line changes.

I'll also throw it out there, although I'm not sure it's possible. Global windows (open and close windows with the remote) would be neat. This is only possible with numerous address line changes on the 2015 - current F150s in the DDM, PDM and BdyCM. This is due to the fact that the window motors are wired to the Door Modules. However, 2014 and older F150s don't have any Door Modules (just like the Expedition) or any wiring that goes from the motors to a module. I'd assume this is the case with our Expeditions ('15 - '17) since they closely resemble the build of the 2013 and 2014 F150s.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And so it begins! The auto fold mirrors and auto tilt will be quite tricky to isolate due to the fact that code changes from other vehicles will be of little help. Most of these changes on the F150s are code within the DDM and PDM of which the Expedition has neither (I confirmed this after talking with the FORScan team). Instead the FORScan team speculated that what the DDM and PDM handle on other vehicles will be found within the Expedition's BdyCM. Of course to make things more difficult, on the F150s, these mirror functions require 4 different address line changes.

I'll also throw it out there, although I'm not sure it's possible. Global windows (open and close windows with the remote) would be neat. This is only possible with numerous address line changes on the 2015 - current F150s in the DDM, PDM and BdyCM. This is due to the fact that the window motors are wired to the Door Modules. However, 2014 and older F150s don't have any Door Modules (just like the Expedition) or any wiring that goes from the motors to a module. I'd assume this is the case with our Expeditions ('15 - '17) since they closely resemble the build of the 2013 and 2014 F150s.
And I was hoping that it was something easy that someone had already figured out.

flexitis

Reaction score
My dealer turned on remote windows on the flex with IDS and it didn't work.
The changes IDS did was in the BCM only.
But again it could be a little different since the flex does have the DDM but no PDM.
A simple DDM test on FORScan moved my driver's door mirror to all sides while the DSM moved the passenger side mirror so maybe anyone could check if the expedition does have the DSM and run a test using FORScan and see what moves with it like the seats mirrors etc.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Global windows only works with windows that have Auto up/down functions built-in from what I've read. Since Ford likes the Expedition to roll a few years behind everything else in the lineup, all we would get is the driver's window. If it is even possible.
I also don't recall auto-fold or reverse tilt functions on the 13-14 F150, wouldn't surprise me to discover it's yet another function our trucks don't support. As Flexitis pointed out, though, perhaps the functions of the DDM/PDM are integrated into the DSM on the Expedition? Rather than the BdyCM?
I did a little digging, has anyone noticed a 'power folding mirror module' on their vehicle? I found a wiring diagram for 13-14 F150s that shows one.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Global windows only works with windows that have Auto up/down functions built-in from what I've read. Since Ford likes the Expedition to roll a few years behind everything else in the lineup, all we would get is the driver's window. If it is even possible.
I also don't recall auto-fold or reverse tilt functions on the 13-14 F150, wouldn't surprise me to discover it's yet another function our trucks don't support. As Flexitis pointed out, though, perhaps the functions of the DDM/PDM are integrated into the DSM on the Expedition? Rather than the BdyCM?
I did a little digging, has anyone noticed a 'power folding mirror module' on their vehicle? I found a wiring diagram for 13-14 F150s that shows one.
I read about it on the F150 forum, some of the guys talked about enabling that feature on their trucks. I don't recall what years they were talking about because it has been a couple of months.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Hmm, haven't seen that on my vehicle. My '15 King Ranch has a:

• PCM - Powertrain Control Module
  • OBDII - On Board Diagnostic II
  • APIM - Accessory Protocol Interface Module
  • FCIM - Front Controls Interface Module
  • DSP - (Audio) Digital Signal Processing Module
  • RACM - Rear Audio Control Module
  • TrlrBM - Trailer Brake Control Module
  • RCM - Restraint Control Module
  • PAM - Parking Aid Module
  • PSCM - Power Steering Control Module
  • ACM - Audio Control Module