ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Discussion in 'FORScan' started by LokiWolf, Apr 26, 2017.

1. LokiWolf

LokiWolf Full Access Members

Well that is annoying! I never actually tried it on the Expedition, cause the wife didn't want it changed, but I saw the settings. Just assumed it would work. You rebooted the unit after the programming change? Not just turn the car off and back on, but held Eject and the Next Track button to do a reboot.

2. AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco Full Access Members

No, I didn’t reboot it. I assumed the hard reset that FORScan does with modules was enough. I’ll try it later on today when I haven’t been up for 22 hours.

LokiWolf likes this.
  3. LokiWolf

All good! Get some rest. Sometimes an extra reboot is needed. Especially when Sync is involved. Just has been my experience.

4. AllBoostNoEco

Tried it again, no change. I’m also on Sync 2, not 3, so maybe that’s making the difference. Also, holding eject and next track took me to a diagnostics screen, but couldn’t tell if that was the actual reset or not.

LokiWolf likes this.
  5. LokiWolf

That is the Issue. Sync 2 can have a JPG file loaded from a Flash Drive to the internal storage, and then switched via the Settings on the Radio. I did this for the wife on our 15.

Sync 3 can only pull from the built in ones.

6. AllBoostNoEco

That JPEG file is only for the background though. Does splash screen not refer to the startup animation?

7. wrc7732

wrc7732 Active Member

You should be able to control rear air from the Navi screen. Select climate control, then in the bottom right it should say ‘rear’ with an arrow under it pointing up. Press that and then you can control temp and fan speed for the rear ac.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Granted it’s a line scale and by numbered temp, but still gives you control from the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. LokiWolf

Yes, it does. That is the Splash screen. I never got it to work on the 15, but assumed it only worked on the Sync 3 units. That being said, I miss the ability to change the background!

9. flexitis

flexitis Active Member

The splash screen works for sync 2 but you’ll have to find and install the splash screen pack files in order for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LokiWolf likes this.
  10. ynpmoose

ynpmoose Active Member

Yours looks way different, but mine currently operates with the same functional concept:
    20180115_194627.jpg
    20180115_172915.jpg

What I want to do is what is mentioned in the Sync 3 User Manual, having the rear auto-follow the front. Apparently there can be an "Auto" button on the Rear control screen. I called Ford support about it and they confirmed it is only available on upper trims.

20180115_172849.jpg

So.... does anyone have as-built Forscan backups for Limited, King Ranch, or Platinum that they would be willing to share with me for comparison purposes?