ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Spent some time today looking for the secure idle address. Frustrating.

As others have already discovered, the BCM 726-42-01 address does not apply to secure idle for 15-17MY Expys. From what I can find it does apply to 15+MY F150's, Raptors, super duties, 11+MY Explorers, 16+MY Fusions and possibly the Flex and Mustang as well.

Comparing BCM addresses, I was hoping maybe the offset between values for common features (like the double honk) would be the consistent throughout the module. i.e. F150 double horn honk is 726-41-02 and Expy is 726-16-01 giving an offset of 25. However, DRL's (fogs) for the F150 is 726-45-01 and Expy is 726-11-01 giving an offset of 34. A simple offset calc that points to the correct address on ours would have been nice. But nope.

So now I'm on the hunt for the full field of data from a F150 for the 726-42-01 address. I've already PM'd a few guys on the 150 forum to see if they have time/desire to share that with me. My hope would be to simply compare those values to the Expy BCM fields and see if I can find a match. This could be a total dead end but I figure it's worth a try.

Also, if anyone here with a SSV from the past four years has access to FORScan and would be willing to send me your BCM file, that would be immensely helpful.

Hopefully this doesn't end up to be a wild goose chase. I still have hope because the 2017 SSV fleet brochure specifically mentions secure idle as an option, so at least in the 17MY vehicles it should be possible.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spent some time today looking for the secure idle address. Frustrating.

As others have already discovered, the BCM 726-42-01 address does not apply to secure idle for 15-17MY Expys. From what I can find it does apply to 15+MY F150's, Raptors, super duties, 11+MY Explorers, 16+MY Fusions and possibly the Flex and Mustang as well.

Comparing BCM addresses, I was hoping maybe the offset between values for common features (like the double honk) would be the consistent throughout the module. i.e. F150 double horn honk is 726-41-02 and Expy is 726-16-01 giving an offset of 25. However, DRL's (fogs) for the F150 is 726-45-01 and Expy is 726-11-01 giving an offset of 34. A simple offset calc that points to the correct address on ours would have been nice. But nope.

So now I'm on the hunt for the full field of data from a F150 for the 726-42-01 address. I've already PM'd a few guys on the 150 forum to see if they have time/desire to share that with me. My hope would be to simply compare those values to the Expy BCM fields and see if I can find a match. This could be a total dead end but I figure it's worth a try.

Also, if anyone here with a SSV from the past four years has access to FORScan and would be willing to send me your BCM file, that would be immensely helpful.

Hopefully this doesn't end up to be a wild goose chase. I still have hope because the 2017 SSV fleet brochure specifically mentions secure idle as an option, so at least in the 17MY vehicles it should be possible.

Awesome work! I think you are on the right path.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Has anyone downloaded and installed the Ford IDS software package (v108.01)? Can it be utilized with the same OBDLinkMX?

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Guys, sorry, the IDS is a dead end on several counts. To clarify:

1) for those interested in the software, go here: FoMoCo IDS

2) while it is possible to download and install the IDS package, what I did not realize is that it can only communicate with the vehicle when a valid subscription is purchased.

3) further, a VCM or VCM2 interface is required. And, it too requires a separate registration/subscription to be 'active' and allow comms with the vehicle.

4) but the above is all irrelevant because, upon looking up my VIN, even with IDS access Secure Idle is not an available feature within the BCM.

I had a brief discussion with Livnitup on the F150 forum who confirmed that Secure Idle is not listed in the IDS BCM parameters:

2017-12-28_2038.png

This was very discouraging, but then he mentioned that it's also not officially listed for his 2016 F150 but yet it was possible to enable via FORScan. So, there is still some hope.

He also provided the full data field for the Secure Idle address and the as-built data from the factory is simply: 0000 0000 00xx

All zeros.... I don't recall seeing any field like that but I'm going to look again. It's certainly not what I was thinking.

So pending one more, thorough search of my BCM module I may now be at a dead end.

If Secure Idle is contained within an unknown BCM address, I think at this point the only definitive way to find it is with the help of a SSV owner who has it enabled and is willing to share their BCM file to compare against.

Of course, if anyone else has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

nick

flexitis

Reaction score
On my 2015 flex the dealer hooked up IDS and secure idle was not listed.
Whatever the as built is it should be in the same location of the BCM in the 11-15 explorer, 13- Flex and expedition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tb8mn

Reaction score
Hey guys. Thanks for the info! I just purchased a 2017 Expedition EL. I’m excited about getting the Fog Lights set as Daytime Running Lights and still curious about the auto-mirrors and the reverse lowering mirrors.

Anyways... I purchased an Amazon Deal of the Day about 4 days ago and picked up a cheap CHINA OBDII (the orange and blue one, mine happens to be named Kobra).

Tried plugging it into the car. I can connect to the WiFi, and load Forscan and get the error, “unable to connect to vehicle. please make sure the ignition key is on and try again”

Assuming it’s bacause I bought a garbage cheap China made OBDII, but I’m looking forward to hearing any possible solutions?

I did find the page (http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16) which does a good job walking through tweaks to the minimum response time to improve the speed of some of the Chinese OBDII devices. Naturally, the producers of my crappy OBDII lock me out of the admin setting of the device. But hopefully this helps some other cheap bastard!

CyberVinnie

Reaction score
Happy New Year guys and gals!

With 31 pages and counting in this threat, I'm too impatient to read through it all, so can someone confirm the FORScan 2015 spreadsheet AllBoostNoEco (thanks dude) posted on Google Docs works module-for-module with the '17? I just received my OBDLink MX yesterday and need to turn off the double honk ASAP (it's freakin' cold outside)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971