ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ads245 On the 2GFusion spreadsheet, they list the "Secure Idle" as 726-42-01 *X** **** **** as well. The Explorer spreadsheet doesn't list it for anything built before MY16, which makes me wonder if even SSV Expy's had it as a feature. Was push-button start an option on 15-17 SSV Expy's or 11-15 Explorers? If not, it may not be programmed into the firmware just like the climate menu on the IPC is not.

My 15 Explorer does have Push-Button Start

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
C96E29EE-EC50-4DAE-B187-0B8F389706E5.jpeg
So I found a 2017 brochure describing the “Police Engine Idle” feature on Explorer and Sedan Interceptors.
It mentions a button you have to push, and scrolling down to the Expedition SSV there is no mention of it as an option.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
@AllBoostNoEco after looking more at the fleet and SSV brochures I can't find any specific mention of it for the Expedition either. But I'm not sure that means it's not possible. I say that because it doesn't mention it for the F150's either (that I can see) but we know it is possible for them.

I'm going to look thru the BCM one more time today...

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yours looks way different, but mine currently operates with the same functional concept:

What I want to do is what is mentioned in the Sync 3 User Manual, having the rear auto-follow the front. Apparently there can be an "Auto" button on the Rear control screen. I called Ford support about it and they confirmed it is only available on upper trims.

So.... does anyone have as-built Forscan backups for Limited, King Ranch, or Platinum that they would be willing to share with me for comparison purposes?
I can send you my backups for my Limited, but I can tell you that my Limited does not have automatic rear climate control, its only manual. I was really surprised by that. The new 18 Expedition Limited that I test drove on Thursday had auto rear climate control.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yours looks way different, but mine currently operates with the same functional concept:
View attachment 23358
View attachment 23360

What I want to do is what is mentioned in the Sync 3 User Manual, having the rear auto-follow the front. Apparently there can be an "Auto" button on the Rear control screen. I called Ford support about it and they confirmed it is only available on upper trims.

View attachment 23361

So.... does anyone have as-built Forscan backups for Limited, King Ranch, or Platinum that they would be willing to share with me for comparison purposes?

Where did you find this info on the Auto function working with the rear? I’ve looked through all 3 printings of the 2017 Expedition Owners Manual and that sentence is not in any of them.

Never mind...I found the text in the Sync 3 Supplement.

Last edited:

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the great info on here about making Forscan changes. After I downloaded the proper driver for my device, I made the following changes to 17 Expy:

Disable Fog Light on Dash
Disable Double Honk
Modified Lane Change to 5 Flashes
Modified Sync 3 to show Heated/Cooled Seats and Heated Steering Wheel on screen
Turned on Fog Lights as DRL

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the great info on here about making Forscan changes. After I downloaded the proper driver for my device, I made the following changes to 17 Expy:

Disable Fog Light on Dash
Disable Double Honk
Modified Lane Change to 5 Flashes
Modified Sync 3 to show Heated/Cooled Seats and Heated Steering Wheel on screen
Turned on Fog Lights as DRL

What happens when you press the heated steering wheel icon?

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What happens when you press the heated steering wheel icon?

It has an on indicator and the Heated Steering Wheel emblem shows up at the top of the screen next to the Home button. I only checked it for a minute or so, but did not feel the wheel heating up...I will check it longer later today.

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a Platinum (which would have already had the heated steering wheel button displayed) you’ve only enabled the APIM to send the HSW_On command over CAN but your truck doesn’t have anything else necessary for steering wheel heat.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01