ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried the turn signal lane change amount of flashes. Originally truck flashed 3 X's. I'm not sure the way the spread sheet reads to adjust this it shows what digit to change, but for say 7 flashes it shows E-F? So I tried just replacing the ? mark with a F. Well this did the lane change to 7 flashes, but when you used the turn signal and it click's back after the turn, the signal would continue to flash! At least until you would use the lane change. So I went back in and change the value from F to A. it now works as should and has 5 flashes for lane change. So I didn't under stand the way it shows two symbols in place of the ? mark. I just used one and was happy once it worked the 2nd time, so where did I go wrong?

Turn Signals - Lane Change Flashes SCCM 724-01-01 xxxx x?xx xx
I tried 724-01-01 xxxx xFxx xx
Then switched to 724-01-01 xxxx xAxx xx

The 2 different characters on the spreadsheet are because it depends on your vehicle which setting to use. Ford used several different module type so we can’t specifically say what character works for each Expy.

The ‘E-F’ you refer to is telling you to change to an ‘E’ or change to an ‘F’...since you tried the F and it stayed on, then your vehicle needs the setting of E.

Does this help answer your question?

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll update the spreadsheet to make the turn signal changes more clear/easier to understand.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll update the spreadsheet to make the turn signal changes more clear/easier to understand.
Thanks for the explanation, and all the work you and others have done to make this easy for people like me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I tried doing the DRL on via the soft-menu not the coding. The "turn signal" option actually does all turn signals including the mirrors. If you don't have the mirror signals then this is an easy change. If you do have the mirror signals I'd suggest using the coding but I have not confirmed if this doesn't use the mirror indicators. I have aftermarket fog/spotlights and that's just not an option for me.

I have also noted that it sometimes takes multiple key cycles to commit a change after I made one especially if it's a sync change. For example: I changed the sync boot to display the raptor. It didn't until I cycled the key approximately 6x (after changing many other options later it just showed up). Additionally adding the heated/cooled seat soft buttons took a couple cycles too.

Long story short: commit the changes and wait for the next day. Take note of what you did and check to see if it worked.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have also noted that it sometimes takes multiple key cycles to commit a change after I made one especially if it's a sync change. For example: I changed the sync boot to display the raptor. It didn't until I cycled the key approximately 6x (after changing many other options later it just showed up). Additionally adding the heated/cooled seat soft buttons took a couple cycles too.

There is an easy solution to this. Reboot the Sync 3 Unit, only take one reboot after a change. Turning your key on and off does not reboot Sync 3, if you turn it back on fairly quickly, as it actually goes to sleep for a while and actually doesn’t shut down.

To reboot Sync 3 after a change, press the Next Track button and power button at the same time. That is equivalent to disconnecting the power and reconnecting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is an easy solution to this. Reboot the Sync 3 Unit, only take one reboot after a change. Turning your key on and off does not reboot Sync 3, if you turn it back on fairly quickly, as it actually goes to sleep for a while and actually doesn’t shut down.

To reboot Sync 3 after a change, press the Next Track button and power button at the same time. That is equivalent to disconnecting the power and reconnecting it.

Do u work at a Ford dealership by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you work at a Ford Dealership

I do not. I am a Tech Geek by trade, Car Geek at heart. Combine the 2, and my knowledge set lends to these types of things.

Also, if you look me up on the VW forums, I used to be one of the go to guys for the systems on those cars. No longer own any VW’s since they stopped selling diesels(Had 3).

I currently own a 2017 Expedition, and 2016 Edge Sport, before the 17 had a 15 Expy that was totaled. I do a lot of playing in the modules on these vehicles to see what they are capable of.

I also have a really good friend that is the Sales Manager at a local Ford Dealer. I have actually trained a few guys on his staff on how to do Sync Updates and make some tweaks using FORSCAN for customers.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do not. I am a Tech Geek by trade, Car Geek at heart. Combine the 2, and my knowledge set lends to these types of things.

I also have a really good friend that is the Sales Manager at a local Ford Dealer.

Pm inbound, don't want to de rail thread.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I can find the Power Point settings in the 2018 spreadsheet but there is no "data to the right" to see what changed need to be made. And the spreadsheet seems to only be a partial sheet with no way to download it. etc.

726-39-01 0101 0069 as my 2017 was built

726-39-01 ???? 0069 but no indication what to change the ???? to.

-- Chuck