FORSCAN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSC 2019 XLT

Reaction score
Hi All - I 've been on this forum for about a year and hear a lot about "Forscan" so sincerely apologies to all but could someone please tell me what it is. Is it a handheld computer and where do I get one? It sounds like it lets you re-program a lot of the settings on your Expy. I saw the Forscan forum but it doesn't really help me to know what it is. Thanks so much and sorry for the stupid question.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi All - I 've been on this forum for about a year and hear a lot about "Forscan" so sincerely apologies to all but could someone please tell me what it is. Is it a handheld computer and where do I get one? It sounds like it lets you re-program a lot of the settings on your Expy. I saw the Forscan forum but it doesn't really help me to know what it is. Thanks so much and sorry for the stupid question.

its free software that runs on a window10 os (can be a virtual machine if you have a Mac).
the software allows you to modify a few factory settings....

like turning off seat belt alarms, turning off door chimes (when the vehicle is running), turning off an annoying double horn honk when you exit the vehicle w/ it running and walk away/close the door (aka jump out to get the mail).

it lets you run the driving lights even when the high beams are on (commonly called Bambi mode). It allows you to have digital number/readout above the gauges....and a few other cool things.