Front Hub Solenoid Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomeads

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Expedition and have a vibration when turning at low speeds. Where is the Front Hub solenoid located? I know where the rear axle is as the oil will be changed and the Friction Modifier added.

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a great video...Thank you for posting. I was having a problem the other day with my '14 EL LTD making that light grinding noise and not locking in. I have an extended warranty so it will get fixed (dealer wanted me to drop it off for who knows how long and it's my only work vehicle these days), but on my time now that I know what's going on. It was 15 below zero when it froze up on me, now it seems to be OK, (but mostly in 2wd)?? Still going in when my schedule allows. I really like knowing what's happening before handing it over. I'd do it myself if off warranty.
Thanks again...

OP
OP
T

tomeads

Reaction score
Maybe I did not describe the part correctly. Is there not a vacuum solenoid (IWE) on the firewall as on older models?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The location is dependent on model year. I believe yours is indeed on the firewall. Models with the big fan shroud with the e-clutch fan it’s in the shroud up front.