Front receiver hitch install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimW

Reaction score
I would like to see a picture also of this front hitch mounted on an Expedition. All I can find are pictures of it install on the F150. I have removed my air dam so I no it will be exposed but I'm worried it may sit too low. Curt stated when mounted it sits about 1 inch below the bottom of the bumper.

chuxster

Reaction score
Great thread, thanks all! I pull a travel trailer with my 2019 Expedition. I just picked up a 2017 Honda Super Cub C125A. At 240 pounds, even if I could figure out how to carry it on rear of the Expy, it would add too much tongue weight. Can't add it to rear of trailer due to the way the trailer is built. Don't want to swap the Expy for a truck, so ended up looking at front hitch with a motorcycle carrier. I think it will work. Hate to think about cleaning all the bugs off the the Cub after a trip south! I generally only tow during daylight hours.
Any thoughts/advice/warnings?

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keep an eye on your payload capacity. If you’re close to the max tongue weight from your travel trailer and add a few hundred pounds to the front, there’s not a lot of capacity left for people and stuff. Also watch your front GAWR. Unloaded my front has about 400lbs of capacity available.

JimW

Reaction score
Alright here are some pictures. Bought a winch but haven't tested yet. Used it with the bikes last weekend for trip to Hatteras and worked great.

fronthitch.jpgfronthitch4.jpg

Attachments

• fronthitch2.jpg
    fronthitch2.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 20
  • fronthitch3.jpg
    fronthitch3.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: