Fuel avg MPG sux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been heavy defending yhe fuel economy on these when I had Mt 18 expy rwd. Now I have a 20 nav rwd and I gotta say, if your mileage socks, ch he your driving habits or get your truck looked at. I put about 650+ miles on it, and already avg 19+ mpg. On the hwy in eco, it avgs over 23 going about 72mph, the same as my expy. I purposely use the instant fe screen and it tells you how to get better mpg. I do t drive much in sport but the avg goes down slightly in town, but I don't gas it all the time and mpg avg does go down wildly if I idle it for more than 6 min.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We did almost 3k miles over Christmas, from Houston to NE Denver & back, with a lot of running around while there (Estes, Colo Springs).
23.3 was my best, on the run back from Canon City to NE Denver, and we were running in the high 70s low 80s.
Majority was in Snow/Wet mode, apart from the long run to/from Houston, which was run in Eco.
Averaged about 19 on the drive up & 22 on the return.

Bmanxx13

Reaction score
I have mine tuned and my wife and I have lead foots, but we still manage 13-14 MPG in city driving. We just drove ~3k miles during Christmas and averaged 20MPG going 80-90 (different story once we got massive headwind, and lots of uphill). If you really baby your throttle you can get impressive MPG (55-65 on highway, slow acceleration in city). The trick is to stay off the turbos as much as possible if you want the most MPG.

OP
OP
SyndicateZ

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2019 Expy limited stealth with HD tow, eLSD. 3.73 gearing, 4x4. Just bought it used back in September with 56,000 miles..

Im only getting 12.5 mpg on average with Alot ( no highway) of stop and go inner city type driving.I never tow anything, I accelerate lightly, never really getting past 2k rpms.

The other week I test drove another 2019 limited expy and was averaging similar mpg with same driving style and stop n go light to light just so that I could compare to another vehicle as I felt like maybe something wrong with my expy...the one I test drove didnt have HD tow or the 3.73 gearing.

Its weird that these vehicles still only get 12 mpg inner city driving stop and go with the "eco"boost v6 engines. My V8 3v 5.4 liter 07 Navigator had the same fuel economy..