Major changes should be made.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The x7 has not officially been revealed, but since the x5 starts at 60k, i assume the x7 will start at about +70k.

What i dont like about that critique is that the price is competetive to its class, so if the expy gets that criticsm, all should. The sequoia is obviously the cheapest and most likely feels that. The armada is the value leader because it has best use of material, but your buying into nissans horrendous quality issues and the interior is undersized and outdated. The tahoe and yukon is prived almost exactly like the expy and rides on older platform and doesnt ride as nice. The interior materials our on par with eachother.

OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
The x7 has not officially been revealed, but since the x5 starts at 60k, i assume the x7 will start at about +70k.

What i dont like about that critique is that the price is competetive to its class, so if the expy gets that criticsm, all should. The sequoia is obviously the cheapest and most likely feels that. The armada is the value leader because it has best use of material, but your buying into nissans horrendous quality issues and the interior is undersized and outdated. The tahoe and yukon is prived almost exactly like the expy and rides on older platform and doesnt ride as nice. The interior materials our on par with eachother.

The thing I find most remarkable queing off ypir reference to the Armada......

Nissan was way ahead of themselves marketing wise and it truly paid off with how they had the plan ahead to hold the Armada body back from US release for almost 6yrs. It was already a hot item overseas and sold under the name of Nissan enforcer or something with an E. They allow ed the market to build the explosive hype around the QX and build the wish list factor then boom they release the Armada to the US and cashed in on all those wishing the QX was affordable and now they had a 10k less version with Nissan badging and body lines. They then revamp the QX to the recent design and now have a gigantic market share being capturing to price points around the same stylistic focus.

Funniest part was the style was a copy cat of the last gen Sequoia, which Toyota abandoned and went to that God awful roachmobile design.

poppie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So when we bought our CPO Eddie Bauer Expy with just 14,000 miles several years ago and took a test drive we were gone so long, 2+ hours, its a wonder they didn't send the law out looking for us thinking we STOLE IT :) , BUT here's another idea before anyone goes out and spends $80K on a ride, go rent one for a week and take a short trip with what ever you have your eye on and get a feel for it , We refused to drive cross country to see our son in NW Montana back when we lived in Florida putting on 5200 mile's going out & coming back on what we own electing to fly into Las Vegas as an example and doing an unlimited mile mini lease on an SUV for a month going down to AZ and back up to MT & then dropping the SUV off back in Las Vegas with 6000-7000 miles put on them, and I'm here top tell you with out mentioning any names there are some SUV'S you could NOT give me, I would buy a new Expy IF ford offered the 5.0, NO way NO how do I want an Echo Boost V6, 10 speed tran's, auto start / stop and a knob for choosing what gear I'm in SO I guess we keep the ole girl with 116,000 miles on the ole 5.4 that still get's 20-21 mpg Hwy and 16-17 Hwy / Town mixed ON the original plugs, The ONLY thing we have done on this 07 EXPY is change the engine oil EVERY 5000 miles my self using Motorcraft 5/20 and it still never goes down BTW, Flush / Change the trans fluid every 30,000 even though Ford say's its not necessary and put two new struts on the back along with tires as needed, The ONLY ***** I have with it is the paint blistering on the back hatch AND that's another reason I don't want a new one with the all Aluminum body .

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The all aluminum body should be less prone to blistering than ours. Less dissimilar metals and I heard they changed the material. although Fords paint bubble TSB does go from 2000-2018 F-150 trucks and Expeditions. It’s very possible to do it right, GM has had aluminum hatches in the suburban for years with no bubbling. I wouldn’t consider a new expy until they offer the 5.0, If that doesn’t happen I’ll be a GM customer eventually. Their 6.2L is pretty decent minus the fuel management, I would disable that via programming.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting how people feel about differing technologies
I drove a friends EXPY with the 5.4L a few years ago
Don't know axle ratio or trans but performance as certainly lacking
It was really straining to hold speed limit while climbing up from Phoenix on the way to Flagstaff on I-17
Accelerator was on the floor several times
We live near mountains & drive in them frequently so turbocharged engnes are important to us
N/A engines lose a lot of power when climbing up to higher altitudes
Now if Ford chose to use the Coyote V8 with GDI, Dual cam phasing & dual turbo's with a big intercooler, that would be a hit with me.
Also like the 10 speed auto in our 2018 EXPY with FX4, Tow package & 3:73 Axle ratio
Climbs up into the mountains easily without even breaking a sweat
Not interested in anything with N/A engines where I live no matter how powerful

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ha, you think this is bad? you should see GM..
brand new cadillacs with all kinds of electrical problems,
shoddy transmissions too

poppie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The all aluminum body should be less prone to blistering than ours. Less dissimilar metals and I heard they changed the material. although Fords paint bubble TSB does go from 2000-2018 F-150 trucks and Expeditions. It’s very possible to do it right, GM has had aluminum hatches in the suburban for years with no bubbling. I wouldn’t consider a new expy until they offer the 5.0, If that doesn’t happen I’ll be a GM customer eventually. Their 6.2L is pretty decent minus the fuel management, I would disable that via programming.
FYI ,Expedition's have had an all aluminum back hatch for several years going back to 2005 if not before and every one of them blisters WAY before any paint issues show up on the rest of the truck AND OUR 2007 Expedition spent the 1'st (9) years of its life in the Gainesville Fl area and was blistering at age (5), NO road salt down there and being mid state no sea salt also and that was why I posted my dislike of an all aluminum body, as they day, time will tell if they have the aluminum / paint blistering issue resolved.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At 600 miles I installed EBC Yellow Pads and slotted rotors on my Expy. Big improvement in braking. It brakes so hard that I had to install Bilsteins on the front because the nose would dive so hard under emergency braking.

I have since ordered Hellwig front and rear sway bars. They are considerably thicker and firmer than the factory sway bars. They also come with poly bushings. Huge improvement in cornering.

I also run my front tires at 42psi and my rear tires at 40psi. It helped firm up the ride.