Major changes should be made.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ve been having some cooler weather here in NY, fall is on the way. Kind of a nice transition from the heat.

OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
so you have a full aftermarket brake kit on it, including 4 piston calipers, and newly sized discs?

so your truck, stock, came with 14.2" rotors and 2 piston calipers. 12k lbs, double the weight of our rigs with .4" more rotor and can tow another 12k lbs, but you think MAJOR changes should be made for safety. GTFOH. it is ok to admit you were wrong, we wont think less of you.

i want to make sure to clarify my position here, the stock brakes on this truck are MORE THAN ADEQUATE for the vehicles intended specs, design, and usage. I would go further to say they excel at their ability to stop this vehicle. I have worked them harder than most and have experienced no fade or shimmy. 70mph down a 12% grade having to slow for a 100-110 degree turn. It has been the torture test for all of vehicles. the expedition is the only to pass it stock. every other vehicle we have had needed to be upgraded to power stop rotors and pads to not fade and vibrate.

Correct it's a completely aftermarket setup.

My main point is I don't like having to mash the brakes for a full stop. Especially for a female driver like many of our spouses if in an emergency situation there's a ton of slack.in the pedal. I mean where's the damn emergency brake in these things anyways lol?!

OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
We’ve been having some cooler weather here in NY, fall is on the way. Kind of a nice transition from the heat.

Do-you-want-to-build-a-snowman---meme.jpg

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct it's a completely aftermarket setup.

My main point is I don't like having to mash the brakes for a full stop. Especially for a female driver like many of our spouses if in an emergency situation there's a ton of slack.in the pedal. I mean where's the damn emergency brake in these things anyways lol?!

i hear you, we can agree to disagree here. you have some sick rides. not a dodge man, but i respect the cummins!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackscreen67

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
i here you, we can agree to disagree here. you have some sick rides. not a dodge man, but i respect the cummins!!!

Yeah Cummins motors built with serious $$$$$ thrown into them have been making 2k + hp for the past few years and really showing the might they are capable in the inline 6 setup.

I personally have been building Cummins for performance since 08 with my first 6.7 dually. It's ironic you bring up the F12 also. One of the first holy crap moments of fun I had in that truck which was appropriately plated with "spoold" (which was about 1000hp/1700ftlbs at the rear in a 8000lb truck) was when I was at a red light and a guy and his wife rolled next to me in a 2010+ make Ferrari 612. He saw the plate and wanted to dig. I said **** it, brake boosted to about 15psi which was all they could hold and we launched. Next thing you know his motors screaming at full tilt and I'm just watching in the rear view mirror at his wife laughing her ass off at him. I ran out of Rpm in 6th gear at around 130ish mph and he was gone after that. In that moment and a few other memorable ones I've been hooked to the point to make it pay the bills.

Plain and simple when it comes to the X6M or the truck... The diesel has my heart every time. Ones you feel true torque from big boost its a feeling that your crave.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guy read the context, the other poster was talking about bimmer brakes, and I just so happen to have one of those lying around to supply a point of reference. Now you're bringing a 16.5" rotor in the equation that uses 8 pistons per caliper lol. Really?

The expedition relies on a 13" with 2 pistons yet this would be the perfect setup for your odd choice of reference.

Screenshot_20180924_070720.png

Clearly this setup is overkill, but even a 3 piston design would make big difference in ability to stop.

$4,395 front complete kit. $3,195 rear complete kit!!!!! would be bad to the bone!!!