Fuel Filter QuickDisconnect Fittings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried searching everywhere. does anybody know how i can manage this repair for the fittings or do i need new fuel lines? on one fitting came loose but all 3 were super rusted i might as well do all 3.received_2532932276750333.jpgreceived_462648317659894.jpgreceived_723690638053163.jpg5c672e2798ad878b22c019de8de8c759.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you get the locking ring off the old filter? Or is it all tore up now ?

Measure the filter pipe, but I think it's 5/16" steel. The fittings are just Bundy style. Use a heat gun to remove the old fitting and measure before ordering a new one, or take it to the store with you. Heat up the line with the heat gun before re-installing the new fitting to soften up the line and avoid damage and leaks. It's under about 50 psi of fuel pressure.

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-1...5VCMGEXZCXY&psc=1&refRID=FH907SD575VCMGEXZCXY

Last edited:
OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no ill have to add a new tip. i got it off installed and leaked

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IS there anything wrong with the lines (other than the one whose fitting maybe-broke?)

The old filter's tips are clean so they did their job

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes line integrity is still fine. just thebfilter rusted out. the other 2 quickbdisconnects are spongy tho.

yes ibonly have to change one.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a heat gun ( hot air gun...) ? You can remove the end from the line with a heat gun ( soften up the line and pull the fitting out...). DO NOT USE ANY KIND OF FLAME TO HEAT THE LINE !
Then NAPA or one of the other autoparts stores (even Advance Autoparts...) has the replacement fittings that will fit the fuel filter ( Bundy style - 5/16" pipe...). But take your new fuel filter, or one they have in the store and make sure the fitting clicks tight on the filter, before you bother to re-install it on the fuel line.

Something like this....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QDJS6M...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Or even these ...

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...-in-nylon-w-90-degree-bend-800-123/10191169-p

fLdtUo.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a heat gun ( hot air gun...) ? You can remove the end from the line with a heat gun ( soften up the line and pull the fitting out...). DO NOT USE ANY KIND OF FLAME TO HEAT THE LINE !
Then NAPA or one of the other autoparts stores (even Advance Autoparts...) has the replacement fittings that will fit the fuel filter ( 5/16" pipe...). But take your new fuel filter, or one they have in the store and make sure the fitting clicks tight on the filter, before you bother to re-install it on the fuel line.

Something like this....

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...-in-nylon-w-90-degree-bend-800-123/10191169-p

fLdtUo.jpg
wow! your awsome. thanks!!!!!

OP
OP
JuniorExp03EB

JuniorExp03EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should Juction box, Passanger floor fuse box, make any clicking or noises when starting the truck? idk if im being paranoid lol the fuel fittings arrive wens/thrus and heat gun tommarow so ill be giving it a Go, on thrusday evening after work hopefull amazon arrives on time.