Fuel Milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually I get better mileage on premium.

My best on 87 was 21.37 mpg

You are spending way too much time on calculating mileage. Should be working on a virus vaccine.

My only concern with mileage, since my gage bellied-up, is to divide trip miles driven by
10 (estimated 10 miles per gallon). But, what do I know? Have only driven my 2004 since new for 19,000+ miles. Fuel sensor wants fuel level at least ⅓ tank to start, so I comply.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im immune to covid. Plus im out here hauling butt for north America in my big truck..

The cost difference doesn't matter, the expedition only gets drive 500 miles every 3 to 6 weeks. Counts how long I feel like trucking.

Plus i plan on towing a 27 ft trailer soon. So figure run premium and get the best out of the old girl.

226000 miles, going strong

scotthere

Reaction score
ok my first fill-up manual calculation most all around town all 93 octane is scary bad. 12.7 mpg. Computer avg not really good 13.8 mpg.

2019 plati ~19,000 miles. Hoping for 15 plus around town mileage but this is worse than my old 2004 escalade 5.3 norm. As. V-8. Where is the claimed vaunted mileage?

Thoughts. I'm not a mileage wiener but just want a better average that the collective forum seems to claim. Some one make me feel better. Anyone taken one under warranty for poor milage?

Why is eco mode selection last on the choices? Can it me moved to selection 1 or 2?

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Hope to hear from some non-throttle mizers.

DonM

Reaction score
Finally sold by 06 Eddie Bauer, at 228,000 miles. Still runs like new but hail storm totaled it out. I bought it back from the insurance company and then sold it to a friend who is loving it.
I drive like an old man (actually I AM an old man) and averaged 16-17 around town. It's a small town, not that much traffic. And could get over 20 on the highway by driving 70 or below and keeping foot off the floor as much as possible. Pulling my bass boat, 12-14.
Nothing but synthetic oil it's whole life. I miss it, but enjoying my new ride a lot. It's a 2016 Chrysler Town & Country, the last year they made it, with every option known to man. I get 22/26 with it.
No need for me to monitor this forum any longer, but I sure have learned a lot from the great members here, and I wish you the best.
If I win the lottery, I'LL BE BACK! :)

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok my first fill-up manual calculation most all around town all 93 octane is scary bad. 12.7 mpg. Computer avg not really good 13.8 mpg.

2019 plati ~19,000 miles. Hoping for 15 plus around town mileage but this is worse than my old 2004 escalade 5.3 norm. As. V-8. Where is the claimed vaunted mileage?

Thoughts. I'm not a mileage wiener but just want a better average that the collective forum seems to claim. Some one make me feel better. Anyone taken one under warranty for poor milage?

Why is eco mode selection last on the choices? Can it me moved to selection 1 or 2?

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Hope to hear from some non-throttle mizers.

A 2004 Escalade is rated at up to 16 MPG city, a 2019 Expedition is rated at 17 MPG city so they are pretty much dead nuts. If you use the turbos a lot and are a lead foot the 3.5 Eco will suck more gas than your old small block V8 around town. The 5.3 is naturally aspirated so it doesn’t force a lot of extra air (and with that gas) like smaller turbo engines to get up and move. The old Caddy was likely lighter too.

scotthere

Reaction score
12.7 to real 14.5-15 city. Your telling these 100's of posts no one else is getting <13? I could have bought an infinity QX80 BUT IT WAS RATED/CLAIMED 13. Folks complaining about 10's. So, is this my life?

I just need to know if I need to drive like a pencil neck bean counter on minimum wage wondering how he can afford the gas. I had to pay gas gussler tax on my 06 GTO but it got 14.5 having fun in the city. I don't drive the Navi like that cause it just ain't even close to fun but I am not grandma either. It will get out of its own way and even surprise some folks but < 13? Please give me 10 responses with what you get calculated city. I can afford the gas, but if it is FUBAR, it is going to warranty repair.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

scotthere

Reaction score
A 2004 Escalade is rated at up to 16 MPG city, a 2019 Expedition is rated at 17 MPG city so they are pretty much dead nuts. If you use the turbos a lot and are a lead foot the 3.5 Eco will suck more gas than your old small block V8 around town. The 5.3 is naturally aspirated so it doesn’t force a lot of extra air (and with that gas) like smaller turbo engines to get up and move. The old Caddy was likely lighter too.

Cady 68-7000 lbs expy plati 7-7450. Not a huge diffrence. 10 gears don't seem to help in the city.