Fuse to tap dashcam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, I ran all the cabling for the front dash cam. Came up with issues on running the rear cable.

I will be finalizing the front cam wiring tomorrow.

What fuses did everyone use? And are there any that should be avoided when the Auto Start Stop activates? I would hate for my camera to stop when ASS activates.

Thanks!
check the first page of this thread, there’s some pics on the fuse to tap.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check the first page of this thread, there’s some pics on the fuse to tap.

I saw that, but I am running both Power and Accessory. It looks like power is using slot 37.

I was just curious. I don't have my notes with me right now, but I jotted down a few slots that I thought may be good for both power and accessory. I know that 37 was not on my initial list, but cannot remember which ones were.

Thanks.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m in the market and I’ll check this one out.

It has got numerous best budget dash cam recognitions/awards. Considering it is 4K front (1080p rear) for only $250ish. I did not feel that was a bad price for a first timer.

texevora

Reaction score
So my local car audio shop hardwired my dashcam, radar detector, and USB Type C charger in my Expedition on switched fuse #37 (heated steering wheel). All of the hardwire units work great without any issues, however now my steering wheel is intermittent. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't work at all, and sometimes it will work fine initially, then shut off.

Anybody either experienced this before or have any idea what might be causing this?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my local car audio shop hardwired my dashcam, radar detector, and USB Type C charger in my Expedition on switched fuse #37 (heated steering wheel). All of the hardwire units work great without any issues, however now my steering wheel is intermittent. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't work at all, and sometimes it will work fine initially, then shut off.

Anybody either experienced this before or have any idea what might be causing this?
I was going to run my dash cam from that fuse but I’ll be damned if it will cause issue with my heated steering wheel, I’ll have none of that.

I wonder if you just have too much running from that location with 3 additional accessories now?