FX4 and LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Auto engine off is different from disabling the auto start/stop. You may not get the result you are expecting by un-checking auto engine off. That is intended to let you idle the engine indefinitely for that power-cycle. Otherwise, it'll time out and shut down the engine and ignition if idling for an extended period. See "Automatic Engine Shutdown Override" in the "Starting and Stopping Engine" section of the manual. The auto start and stop can be disabled for that power cycle or you apparently can permanently disable it with Forscan. See "Disabling Auto Start Stop" in the "Unique Driving Characteristics" section of the manual.

Rotorhead451

Full Access Members
Reaction score

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Closing out my comments on the LED headlight issue. Today my order from Amazon was delivered and installed. Mainly a pretty easy job, and I'm ready for some night driving.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CN7MP4N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CNH2XB7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$80.00 and 45 minutes to solve this problem . . .
They have independent super decoders!!! How could you go wrong?

David M

Reaction score
Traditionally there is much more to it. LED headlights aren’t just swappable. There are LED drivers, constant voltage, relays, etc. Now if they were smart enough, all would be in place on all models and one could simply get the housings and modules, etc. and plug everything in.

One question I had was if the LED headlamps are high and low beam or just low beam like my platinum explorer
This guy is still here? :Bye:

EricExpedition

Reaction score
All LED bulbs in stock housing. Lows, Highs, DRL's, fogs, brakes, reverse, license plate.

My DRL's and brakes cause hyperflash on the internal indicator, but not on the external turn signal itself. I'm assuming this could be disabled with FORScan.

IMG_20180810_180541~2.jpg IMG_20180917_192754.jpg

Last edited:

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm getting a bit annoyed at the ravmix lowbeam LED lights specifically the flicker on autostart

Has any one bought LEDs that don't flicker?

I will leave the main beams in, I don't foresee a time where I will have them on and have autostart engage

John