FX4 and LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have those ones, watch the reflection of your lights in the car in front once autostart restarts your car at traffic lights etc. Assuming you have your lows as your DRL

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All LED bulbs in stock housing. Lows, Highs, DRL's, fogs, brakes, reverse, license plate.

My DRL's and brakes cause hyperflash on the internal indicator, but not on the external turn signal itself. I'm assuming this could be disabled with FORScan.

View attachment 26740 View attachment 26741
Looks just like ours Stone Gray FX4 with HD tow & A bunch of other options
We used Hikari Philips Lumileds for high & Low beams
No Flicker with ours & very bright
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077BT6M6Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Dscustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally brought mine into the dealer to complain about the totally useless factory halogen lights. They "adjusted" them as high as possible. Made no significant difference in night driving. Even with the LED bulb replacements, the projector design is poor and the cutoff is too low on dark roads.

Anyone reading this with Halogen lights, please file a complaint on the NHTSA site if you think they should be better. There are only four complaints already, not enough, and eventually this could be addressed. Even if you spend the money to upgrade them on your own, a recall could provide you with potential OEM quality LED bulbs or a full replacement with the LED modules. It just takes 5 minutes to fill out the form.

The ONLY way this gets fixed is with more complaints.

File a complaint here!
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

wojo23323

Reaction score
I have those ones, watch the reflection of your lights in the car in front once autostart restarts your car at traffic lights etc. Assuming you have your lows as your DRL

Mine flicker too. I’ll have to order the more expensive ones that Mike Wolfe recommends.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mines is starting to do this thing where the light output goes down. I dont think they go out because i can see the light reflect off cars, but the view infront of me dims dradtically almost as if it were goin out.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Placed an order for the low beams today as above, to be fair to ravmix supplier I raised it as an issue with them and they refunded me the full amount, no quibble.

ag4wake

Reaction score
I will be trying the led simple headlight replacement as well. Thanks foe the great thread.

I saw that there are full taillight led assemblies. I am about to check if that one is plug and play with the XLT. I believe it should be, but haven't looked at the breakout diagram yet.

Anyone have any ideas on the taillight assembly replace if it is simpler than the headlight. I gotta believe it's just a pull and pop.

Alan