FX4 and LED Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So driving up i75 I passed an expedition with out the led lights... was surprised how much better the led were.. the othe expedition may have thought the same thing as they sped up to pass me and the slow back down again several times.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that everytime i see one with the leds even with led bulbs, and how the front end looks so much better with the c-led strip. Kills me everytime.

ag4wake

Reaction score
Yeah, I have it in my mind to try to install the opt7 fluxbeam or xtralights DRL strips to mimic it.

ag4wake

Reaction score
A followup.. Just finished putting in the low beams and foglights. Use Hikari for lows and beamtech for the fogs. It's working good. Hikari's flicker once on auto-start restart at a stop sign. But it's no biggie.

I didn't realize that the lows are on in DRL mode, so the headlights look to be full power in DRL daytime driving from what I can tell when switching from DRL to regular beams on. I don't mind it, but it was something I didn't notice before doing the work.

As others have mentioned, the fogs are definitely harder to do on the driver side. I went through the wheel well skirts and that side was just tricky because of the metal obstruction behind that light.

Next will be to swap out the highs since I didn't buy all the parts to start out with.

O5111

Reaction score
Mine flicker too. I’ll have to order the more expensive ones that Mike Wolfe recommends.

I have been paying closer attention since reading this, and have noticed my halogen lights do the same thing. It is most noticeable at night. So I wonder if more expensive ones will actually fix it.

George Lama

Reaction score
Going back to the LED Conversion. I bought the Oem LED Headlights for my 2018 Expy XLT without knowing they weren´t plug-and-play. Now I´m stuck with these cause I can´t sell them back. I decided to go forward with the conversion even if I have to buy any other Harness. Any help on what exact parts to buy?

George Lama

Reaction score
Also, are the LED Tail Lamps plug and play for the 2018 XLT Expy? Have not bought those, but just wondering in order to buy them.

ag4wake

Reaction score
Just saw your msg. Rear taillights are not quite plug n play. You need forscan or you need a resistor I believe I remember from the f150 forum. Resister route makes the circuit pretty hot though.

Last edited: