Going to buy a new 2021 XLT MAX today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpyG

Reaction score
Thank you all for the help. Took a a new 2021 XLT MAX home for an extended test drive yesterday. This one has 20 inch wheels and regular (non-CCD) suspension. The ride felt very harsh on the way home. I lowered tire pressure from 39 to 34 PSI and it became much better. Also hoping as the suspension gets its first few hundred miles on it, it will stop being this stiff. But handling feels better than with CCD.

MSRP is 67,310. They are offering it for 65,300 plus tax title and registration. Will try to get a bit more of a discount. I am near Boston, Mass. Will report back once it's done.

GeorgeGG

Reaction score
Thank you. Drove it back to the dealer and decided against buying it. Ride was too stiff even after reducing PSI. Will test drive one with CCD suspension again.

Happy Dog

Reaction score
When you are close to a deal, tell them you want four key fobs instead of the usual two. These fobs cost you a lot but the dealership not much. Now you have one to use every day, one to use as a hide-a-key, another to keep safely at home, and the fourth just in case.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our 2018 Platinum (22" wheels with CCD) rides like a dream. Compared to the 2021 GMC Yukon Denali XL, I'd take the Expy any day of the week. The Yukon honestly drives like it's 3000lbs heavier.

If you want a cushier ride than the one that 20" wheels offer, you might want to consider a 1978 Cadillac DeVille. Those ride like yachts.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The base suspension rides "harder" on its 20in wheels than the ccd on 22in wheels. I've only tested the ccd but the ride variance(difference in daily ride feel) on the base springs can be pretty dramatic, esp if the expy is used as a daily driver.

BTW, anyone else notice the op info changed from the opening post to the response post?

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The base suspension rides "harder" on its 20in wheels than the ccd on 22in wheels. I've only tested the ccd but the ride variance(difference in daily ride feel) on the base springs can be pretty dramatic, esp if the expy is used as a daily driver.

BTW, anyone else notice the op info changed from the opening post to the response post?
Just noticed that too. Maybe George G has 2 accounts here...:favorites13: