Gotts Mod question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When i saw his ebay pic it reminded me of that site. I am a diesel fanatic so i get diesel mags and they always show great products that can also be used on gassers.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Panda...here is a thought...get a cordless drill with a 3/8 drill bit and drill some holes in those inner fenders...if you talking about the inner wheel wells they are only plastic... strategically placed you will still have to protection with minimal water/snow get in the engine bay and the average person wont even see the holes there and you don't get the ugly look with out them... m 5 cents worth..LOL

thats a good idea. i might have to do that. where should i put the holes?

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Good question...Let me look at mine and I will let you know....any thoughts from anyone else in the peanut gallery would be nice! LOL

markanthony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the drilled holes in the plastic fender well. I really don't think it would really matter as to were you put the holes. I would think near the engine, and not the top portion would be fine. Make like say two lines from front to back. Two holes high about an inch apart. then ten holes down about half inch apart. This is a real cool idea...

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Since heat rises... you need vents at the highest point for it to be really effective. I drove my expy around without my inner fender liners in for a while when first checking for leaks. Don't think it made a big difference in the heat retention.

Also think it actually looks cool seeing the motor through the opening but would make a mess when driving in the rain.

Stock hood is aluminum by the way. So you can get your hole saw, or sawzall out and she won't rust. LOL

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Since heat rises... you need vents at the highest point for it to be really effective. I drove my expy around without my inner fender liners in for a while when first checking for leaks. Don't think it made a big difference in the heat retention.

Also think it actually looks cool seeing the motor through the opening but would make a mess when driving in the rain.

Stock hood is aluminum by the way. So you can get your hole saw, or sawzall out and get creative. She won't rust. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik