Has anyone tried the (big) Sync 4A touch screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdexp

Reaction score
Still waiting on my 22, but I have the same complaint on my Mach E: I used the camera button constantly on previous cars, and I'm missing it on the Mach E. But let me ask this: what about the liftgate on the Expy with the big screen? Is it still a physical button? Because popping the hatch on my Mach E also means going into the stupid menu, and while Sync 4 is fast, it's really slow when all I want to do is open the liftgate.
The liftgate is still a physical button, even with the bigger screen.

twanger

Reaction score
Reverse will pull up the camera automatically. There is also a setting for camera delay that you can toggle to on which will keep it on for a while later which I'd recommend enabling (off by default).

The issue is if you are pulling in to park and not needing to engage reverse, you have to toggle through the menu to get going which is more work than it should be.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This lack of camera delay when switching to Drive has been driving me nuts, and I couldn''t figure out how to fix it until now. Woo hoo!

park city guy

Reaction score
I have had a Ford Expedition with that screen on Order since November. It has been on chip hold for over 2 months with no delivery scheduled anytime soon.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I apologize if there is a better place to post this question. I'm working through learning Sync 4a and loving it overall. Also growing a list of items I hope Forscan will address. One I haven't figured out yet, but am assuming is doable: has anyone figured out how you can reorganize the 'radio buttons' that display as a matrix of your presets? (It's a random mix of AM/ FM/ Sirius for those that don't have theirs yet). I've tried various versions of touch/ hold/ drag and haven't come up with anything yet.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I apologize if there is a better place to post this question. I'm working through learning Sync 4a and loving it overall. Also growing a list of items I hope Forscan will address. One I haven't figured out yet, but am assuming is doable: has anyone figured out how you can reorganize the 'radio buttons' that display as a matrix of your presets? (It's a random mix of AM/ FM/ Sirius for those that don't have theirs yet). I've tried various versions of touch/ hold/ drag and haven't come up with anything yet.
You have to save over them. So if you want first top left square to be Sirius hits1 you tune to it and click/hold that box. It overrides what is there now. It’s tedious. But not something that needs changing often.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to save over them. So if you want first top left square to be Sirius hits1 you tune to it and click/hold that box. It overrides what is there now. It’s tedious. But not something that needs changing often.
Thanks @rd618 . Yes I had figured that out and agreed - tedious!

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expy isn't my daily driver, my wife uses it.

I only hop in it from time to time and have to figure out where things are after being in my 12" F150 screen.

.....if I could do it again, I would have ordered the 12".

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure there's a better thread to latch onto, so I'll ask here. For those with Sync4A and using CarPlay: are other people seeing CarPlay take up two - slots - in the Card Area that lets you click between recent apps? Mine always shows one version with my phone's name, and one that says Connected. Both appear to get to the same place. Seems a huge waste of space since the bar constantly updates and thus I lose access to what could be a useful shortcut. Please let me know if anyone has figured out a way to disable one or the other. Thanks.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has Radio tile, Sync Tile, and Nav tile. You might try opening up another app from the “drawer” and see if that occupies the 3rd spot.