HD Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bedrck46

For ndpuckhead how would you have felt if you had a 30 ft trailer instead of 25 ft and also if you had an extra 1000 lbs of trailer weight Also on your trip how many passengers were in the expy with you

ndpuckhead

Reaction score
For ndpuckhead how would you have felt if you had a 30 ft trailer instead of 25 ft and also if you had an extra 1000 lbs of trailer weight Also on your trip how many passengers were in the expy with you

Well, when you put it that way, and figure there were only 2 of us, I guess I would have felt like I should have bit the bullet and got an older Excursion:wink: I'm not sure about the extra length, but the weight is pretty close. If I did a lot of towing through the mountains instead of once a year, I would probably want more truck, too. I towed the trailer as empty as I could with all the tanks empty and as much heavy stuff packed in the truck. I can imagine there would be a lot of gear with that many people, though. The problem is that there isn't much you can do to significantly upgrade the towing capacity and power without going to a supercharger.