Headlight bulbs low beams.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Maybe your '16 has decent low beams. Those on my '17 were strikingly dimmer -- put less light on the road -- than either my wife's Subaru and even my '06 Honda S2000. These HIDs were professionally mounted and aimed. Been driving this setup for 8 months and yet to have anyone flash their high beams telling me to dim mine (low beams).

Light color (temperature) makes a big difference in glare. Ricer White (tm) is particularly obnoxious.

-- Chuck

Last edited:

LRNAD90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run the OEM bulbs in my '16 Expy and they are plenty bright enough. Impressive in fact. Jeez you want to be one of those inconsiderate drivers with blinding low beams? I do a lot of driving and those people are the worst to encounter on the road at night.

I guess like so many things, people's impressions vary, but I found the '17 Expedition I drove to have Horrible headlights..

MuddySpokes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Low beam projection is good on mine with the OE H11. Have experience and confidence with towing at night too.

If I do switch to LED's, it will come from a goal of lowering power consumption to reduce the alternator's load.

Reason I am holding back on a LED conversion is that (last I looked) there is no DOT compliant replacement for a H11. Definitely do not want to swap bulb technology and be that glaring guy either. To some this is important, to some not.

Just checked out Diode Dynamics. While there is a claim of "Street Legal Output", this is not the same as DOT compliant. Just say-in. The SL1's are a little too far up in the kelvin chart for my taste too, but that is just me.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Low beam projection is good on mine with the OE H11. Have experience and confidence with towing at night too.

If I do switch to LED's, it will come from a goal of lowering power consumption to reduce the alternator's load.

Reason I am holding back on a LED conversion is that (last I looked) there is no DOT compliant replacement for a H11. Definitely do not want to swap bulb technology and be that glaring guy either. To some this is important, to some not.

Just checked out Diode Dynamics. While there is a claim of "Street Legal Output", this is not the same as DOT compliant. Just say-in. The SL1's are a little too far up in the kelvin chart for my taste too, but that is just me.
If you adjust them correctly they won’t be an issue. Don’t knock em till you try em

old codger

Reaction score
I have a question on installing led's. Even the diode dynamics have an adjustment collar to adjust the beam. Is there an easy way to adjust the led bulbs without having to remove and install housing numerous times as this can be a pain in the arse. Thanks

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a question on installing led's. Even the diode dynamics have an adjustment collar to adjust the beam. Is there an easy way to adjust the led bulbs without having to remove and install housing numerous times as this can be a pain in the arse. Thanks
There is a hole in the top of the housing where if you look down in it you will see a small white gear. Moving this gear left or right will move the bulb up or down. You can access this without removing housing
2922642C-063A-4A3C-80CD-6CD21F7A4001.jpeg