Headlight removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am planning on installing a pair of hide away strobe tubes in my front marker lights. (I am authorized to use flashing lights since I am a friefighter.)

How do I remove the headlight/maker light assembly in a 2008 Expedition? The whole assembly needs to be removed so I can drill a 1 inch hole in the back of the light houseing and reflector.

Last weekend I installed strobes in my back-up and brake lights. Great hidden warning lights. Much brighter than the hide away LED's.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marc

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unscrew the 2 10 mm hex bolts on the top side of the headlight housing and lift the tab over the positioning indent and pull forward. Releasing the pressure pin on the inner fender can be difficult at times and you might even feel like you're breaking something, but she'll come out. Might have to wiggle the housing around a little to get it out of the opening. It is designed that way for service of the headlight bulbs and turn sigs, so you're not gonna hurt anything.

OP
OP
V

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks,

I'll try and post a video when I have everything completed.

Marc