Headlights Stay On...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChancesDad96

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this sight and the Expedition. I purchased a '98 Eddie Bauer a month ago, I thought it was a good deal but I am rethinking that at the moment. I was told the "only" thing wrong with it was no dash lights, 7 miles down the road I lost oil pressure, replacing oil pump, OK. Next I found it had no headlights or park lights, found a couple fuses in the center console, they came from the under hood fuse box, 15A park light and 30A headlights, now I have park lights and head lights, still no instrument cluster lights, and I can't turn the lights off. And to add insult to injury, the drivers door lock runs non-stop and the auto down function on the driver's door window only works an inch at a time... Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks in advance;

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Check the driver floor board for wet carpet. If so, your windshield leaks and floods the GEM. First step would be to reseal the windshield.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Moisture gets into the gem module very easily. With the symptoms your having though, I'm leaning towards something else on top of gem. When my gem got wet, it affected starter, power windows, radio, but my headlights were never affected. Did it rain recently where you live?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk