Heavy Duty Radiator Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since I have a 3rd gen, I just made the assumption that the 4th was the same setup...My XLT, non HD trailer package did not have the auxiliary trans cooler, which I added, do the higher trims also not have the cooler (which they did in 2015)?...Thanks for the updated info!...
Yeah doesn't matter what trim or HD tow or not on the 4th gen. No aux trans cooler. Why people want to swap to the HD radiator to get more efficient cooling since it is what also cools the trans fluid on the 4th gen. All trims, etc...have a heat exchanger for the trans.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to parts.Ford.com, the components below are different with the heavy duty radiator. I am by no means implying that this is a complete list of parts that are different.

Radiator 8005
Seal 8348
Fan 8C607
Air deflector 8311

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At a minimum what I listed in my previous post is different. Seal, electric fan, and air deflector. What the actual differences are, I do not know, but they do have unique part numbers.

Well I could be wrong... was going by the parts list on the Levitt ford site.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just noticed that the wiring diagram shows that there is a brushless and brushed version of the fan motors. I think the brushed 2 speed fans are used on the standard version. You can tell because they have a 2 pin connector at the fan. I have HD tow and my fans have 4 pin connectors, therefore I'm assuming the HD tow gets the variable speed radiator fans. If somebody tries to change fans it may require re-wiring and PCM programming.

I also noticed a charge air cooler cooling fan in the wiring diagram. Mine does not have a fan on the intercooler. When I searched on parts.ford.com, I couldn't find a fan, but I did find a wiring harness (Part number 8C290) that has "Charged Air Cooler With Fan" for the Navigators. Do the Navigators have intercooler fans?

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just noticed that the wiring diagram shows that there is a brushless and brushed version of the fan motors. I think the brushed 2 speed fans are used on the standard version. You can tell because they have a 2 pin connector at the fan. I have HD tow and my fans have 4 pin connectors, therefore I'm assuming the HD tow gets the variable speed radiator fans. If somebody tries to change fans it may require re-wiring and PCM programming.

I also noticed a charge air cooler cooling fan in the wiring diagram. Mine does not have a fan on the intercooler. When I searched on parts.ford.com, I couldn't find a fan, but I did find a wiring harness (Part number 8C290) that has "Charged Air Cooler With Fan" for the Navigators. Do the Navigators have intercooler fans?

I know the raptors have fans on the intercooler... not sure about Navi