Help Lost key fob while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, I deliver mail in my 2018 Expedition Max. A couple weeks ago I lost my key Fob while driving. It was in my pocket, and I guess fell out inside the vehicle. I delivered one package out my passenger window. Then got out to deliver to a few boxes in a row. The vehicle honked as of I took the key with me. I thought it was still in my pocket. I got back in and it said no key detected. I looked everywhere outside, the vehicle was all running but wouldn’t go into gear because it couldn’t find the key.

I had a friend bring me my spare key. I’ve looked under and around all the seats, under the mats, etc. The Fob has to be somewhere inside the vehicle. The driver-side doors unlock now by just pulling the handle without the spare key near it.

I spoke to my salesperson and they said that there are several hiding places in the Expeditions and it’s not unheard of. I managed to pull up the cup holder part of my console to look under there but didn’t find it.

Any suggestions??? I’m thinking I will have to get a replacement, but now the problem also is the car can just be unlocked by pulling on either for on the driver side.

Pretty obvious. No mystery.

You lost that key fob near the location where "I delivered one package out my passenger window. Then got out to deliver to a few boxes in a row. The vehicle honked as of I took the key with me.".

Go back, retrace your steps, ask the homeowners.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me also reminds me of a old post here of what does this button do? i almost want to drive to Utah to see.

What if a sticker came off a package and stuck to the key and got shipped to Alaska.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire